Trip report: multiple topics

disneydentist

Original Poster
We were at WL from 11/23 to 12/1. Here are some thoughts from the trip.

WL: Our second trip staying there. Wonderful resort. Bus transportation was up to par with no waits of longer than 20 minutes. They only used busses on demand some mornings. Boats are supposed to start running to MK 30 minutes prior to opening. Was actually more like 40-45 minutes prior. If you get a cahnce to be the flag family, do it. It was really cool.

ATTENDANCE: crowds were moderate on weekends and light on weekdays. Fastpass was not run on all rides equipped for it. Splash Mtn and Jungle Cruise seemed most likely not to have it running. 10 minutes for rides like Splash, Haunted, Jungle Cruise, and Tower of Terror weren't uncommon. A lot of attractions were walkons.

CAST MEMBERS: despite what some have said, we found them to be even friendlier than usual. Yes, there were one or two who didn't get the facts right but this seemed about the usual number to us.

SECURITY: the express monorail now starts running at about 20 minutes before park opening. The parks themselves only let you in around 10-15 minutes before the actual opening time unless you have PS for breakfast. No need to get up too early to beat the rush. Lines leading up to security inspections are kind of messy.

MEET AND GREET: MK, AK, and Studios have tons of characters. Some that stand out are Genie and the Country Bears in MK. Milo Thatch, Hercules, the Old Hag, reindeer Pluto, and Santa Goofy in the Studios (a CM said that Mike and Sully from Monsters, Inc also appear some days). In AK, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip, Dale, Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet, Tigger, and (Santa) Goofy in holiday attire that ranged from just scarves to complete outfits.

DINOLAND: the Triceratop Spin is cute. My kids and I did it three time (my wife doesn't do spinners). The games have got to go. They don't belong in a Disney theme park.

That covers most of what I told myself to remember when I got home. If there's anyting elso then i already forgot it.:king:

Chris

I agree mostly. We were here from 11/16-12/2 (tomorrow). The crowd at the MK today was one of the largest I have ever seen. Lots of Florida folks. MVMCP was also more packed than I have ever seen it. The Value resorts are also quite full. The week after Thanksgiving the lines for most attractions were short. I was at MK on the the 29th and got there two hours after opening and parked in the first lot.

Most CM's friendly and good. It only takes one to get under yous skin. We had two really bad ones at the Sci-Fi Diner.

Overall good trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom