Trip report July1 through 4th

Corey P

Original Poster
Stayed at the Royal Pacific which was empty. They upgraded our room which was nice but not a big deal it was just a better view.

Hotel went like this. The water play area and hot tubs are closed because of social distancing. I saw the pipe that feeds those so my thought would be they don't want to pay for the electricity to run the water pump with an empty hotel? It appeared only tower 1 was open during the week. Place was empty till the July 4th check in and that looked light to me as we left the hotel at 11:30 AM. No Bellmen that I saw or valet parking if that is important to you. No maid service unless you call and request stuff. First morning I called and said I needed towels, soap, shampoo and garbage pickup, you know like maid service? End result, beds were made and I got everything, talked to the maid when I happen to run into her, little talk about what I needed and a tip, problem solved. Maid was an old black women and I'm from the South so not sure if you'll get the same treatment. Other then that, boats ran same as always, quickly. Only problem there is they don't fill the boats, social distancing which means capacity drops a lot. I walked a few times because the Royal Pacific is so close to the parks. No big deal to me. My wife tried to go look at the Club Level to see what they serving etc. Hotel said no because of social distancing. I said this before I doubt the Club Level is worth the money and I got zero info on what exactly is going on there. ???

The parks were empty. With an express pass you can do everything you want multiple times.

TIP: Hagrid's is the only thing you need a VL for. There were four people in my party with 4 phones so we could make 4 different reservations for times. Plenty of Hagrid riding. MiB was a complete walk on. In fact with express pass everything was a complete walk on during the week. Even the stand by lines were tame. This morning July 4th, my daughter and two others hit the park for early hours which is only 3 attractions in one park BTW. By 11:30 they had made it back to the hotel and said they had ridden rip rocket 2 times, the Mummy 2 times and something else along with all three of them getting different pictures. TIP: I didn't know this, AP's get one picture a year for free so the girl's got their free pictures. LOL.

The only other useful thing I have to say is Jake's at Royal Pacific is a lot better then you would think it to be. It appeared to be a more a bar type of place but the food was way too high end for that. The deserts were top shelf as well. I asked and I was told the banquet chef does the deserts for Jake's and it showed. They had some sort of peanut butter pie thing. It turned out to be a light peanut butter moose with a layer of thin mashermellow, a little layer of chocolate, graham cracker crust with whip creamed topping that had been flamed. It was very good compared to what I had expected. The entrees were much better then I had thought as well.

Last edited:

surfsupdon

In the Parks
No
Advertisement
Thank you for this post @Corey P

We are doing Royal Pacific next month, and was curious about crowds and Express Pass. I have stayed there before, and agree about Jake's....a favorite of ours to dine. Was Jake's still open late, past midnight?? Or does it close early now because of low crowds?

Corey P

Original Poster
Thank you for this post @Corey P

We are doing Royal Pacific next month, and was curious about crowds and Express Pass. I have stayed there before, and agree about Jake's....a favorite of ours to dine. Was Jake's still open late, past midnight?? Or does it close early now because of low crowds?
I don't know? I was in Jake's at probably 9:00 or so and more tables were coming in as we were eating. I didn't really pay attention. ??? We probably left at 10:30 or so and people were still sitting down. Actually I was surprised that the place was getting busier the later it was.

The tricky thing was guessing how long lines actually were. Stand by lines were distanced so my guess would be 20% of the people that would normally be in that space in line so compared to normal lines they were very short. Problem is they load the rides by groups separating groups. Wish I had taken a picture on Hagrid's the second time around. My son and wife were on the train a head and my daughter and I were on the next train in the front seats. Strange things was some how every other cart/bike had one guy sitting in it. LOL. Kind of looked like a pedophile convention. LOL. Don't how that happened? I do know the bike behind us had my brother in it riding alone because his family didn't want to ride again so he was solo. Hulk was starnge as well. They left an empty row in between groups so a solo rider would have an entire row to themselves with an empty row in front and in back of him. Don't why this was true for Hulk but not Hagrid?

I would say express pass is a good thing until the situation settles down. Personally I can take it or leave it as far as express passes unless it will be really busy. This summer I would go express pass.

macefamily

Thanks for the report. We'll be in FL next week, but we're only doing the Disney thing. When we head back in September, we'll be hitting Universal and hopefully, Horror Nights.

Top Bottom