Trip Report July 7-11

This is my first trip report, so I hope it isn't too long...

As soon as Kerry arrived and his bags were put down in the hotel room, we went to have lunch at Restaurant Marrakesh. Great food, but I wish the belly dance show had been longer. It rained most of the afternoon, so we spent a lot of time in the shops in the World Showcase. We did flights in Italy, and decided to buy a bottle of Rosa Regale. Dinner was at Chefs de France, and it was phenomenal. I hope we can take my parents there when they come to visit (Kerry will be back in town for a weekend later this month for the Bowling for Soup concert). He loved Illuminations, but because it had rained so much, there was a lot more smoke from the pyro than usual. Oh! I also discovered something new! Kerry wanted to look at Canada, and I said "Oh, all it is is a restaurant" because that's all there seemed to be. He still wanted to investigate, so we started walking around. OH MY GOODNESS is it BEAUTIFUL! A family wanted to have their picture taken by the waterfall, so Kerry helped them out, and they took a picture of us. I turned to Kerry and said, "You know how I said I never want to be proposed to in Disney World? Never ever?" Kerry agreed that I'd said that (the family that had just taken our picture looked at us strangely...) I said "I've changed my mind. If I were to be proposed to in Disney World, I'd want it to be here. But it's still really cheesy." *note: Sorry to those who are planning or have been proposed to in Disney World; it's so cliche to me that I'd want something REALLY original*

Saturday was Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom. I rode Kali River Rapids for my first time, and KERRY was the one that got soaked, when I thought it would be me all along! We also got some great shots on Kilaminjaro (spelling?) Safaris. Morning Extra Magic Hours at Animal Kingdom has its benefits- the animals MOVE! We had lunch at the Plaza Restaurant (I called the reservation line to see if they had any reservations available while we were waiting for the bus from DAK to MK). The mayor and his wife were standing by the podium when we checked in, and he asked "So how's the honeymoon?" I quickly explained that we were just on a simple vacation. The mayor glanced at Kerry, then turned back to me and said "Oh well. Better luck next time, right?" with a wink. I saw the Share a Dream Come True Parade for the first time, and Fairy Godmother winked at me! Kerry says my face was like a little kid that meets a character for the first time. We also saw Wishes! and Spectromagic (Where'd the Chernabog float go!?!)

Sunday, we went to Epcot in the morning to go on the rides that we hadn't been able to get to on Friday (all the cool stuff in Future World), and finished in Disney/MGM Studios. He also really liked Fantasmic! and LMA. I wasn't a huge fan of Beauty and the Beast, but I guess I'm spoiled after having seen the Broadway show. Of course, we had to do Rockin' Rollercoaster and ToT. We got the combination that is the rarest (I have a friend that works there, and she was coincidentally working when we rode. I asked her about it, because it was a drop sequence I haven't been through in a long time). Apparently, it only comes up 2-3 times a day. So Kerry had a little fright :lol: Dinner at the Prime Time Cafe was good, too.

Monday, we switched resorts (Boardwalk Villas to the Polynesian), and finished up the two lands we missed on Saturday (Tomorrowland and Fantasyland). We got back in time to relax on the beach and watch the water pageant and Wishes! from a hammock.

This morning, we ate at the Kona Cafe. Definitely a place I'm going to beg my parents to go to for breakfast!

I have a few pics posted at Photobucket, but they're mostly of the Polynesian. I'm still updating it.

KnK

Thanks for the report. Wasn't long enough. Most of us can't get enough.

The pictures were great as well.

robynchic

Original Poster
I'm kind of debating whether I want to submit the pics from the Polynesian to All Ears Net...what do you think?

MKCP 1985

Robyn, your report is so funny! "Canada is just a restaurant." - and you are a seasoned cast member! :hammer:

I know you are going to want to enter some of those photos in the contests one of these days. ;)

Thanks for sharing! :wave:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Thanks for sharing your report, it sounds like you had a great time!

I'm guessing then that all your concerns over planning, dining and lodging all worked out for the best?...hope so.

Glad you found a "special spot" in Canada. I think you will find as you are able to casually visit the other parks, you will continue to discover more. Besides, when you're with someone special...most any spot can be more magical, right?

Let me echo MKCP's invitation for you to post some of your pictures in the ongoing little contests we have here on the site.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=1538416#post1538416

boywonder

robynchic said:
This is my first trip report, so I hope it isn't too long...

As soon as Kerry arrived and his bags were put down in the hotel room, we went to have lunch at Restaurant Marrakesh. Great food, but I wish the belly dance show had been longer. It rained most of the afternoon, so we spent a lot of time in the shops in the World Showcase. We did flights in Italy, and decided to buy a bottle of Rosa Regale. Dinner was at Chefs de France, and it was phenomenal. I hope we can take my parents there when they come to visit (Kerry will be back in town for a weekend later this month for the Bowling for Soup concert). He loved Illuminations, but because it had rained so much, there was a lot more smoke from the pyro than usual. Oh! I also discovered something new! Kerry wanted to look at Canada, and I said "Oh, all it is is a restaurant" because that's all there seemed to be. He still wanted to investigate, so we started walking around. OH MY GOODNESS is it BEAUTIFUL! A family wanted to have their picture taken by the waterfall, so Kerry helped them out, and they took a picture of us. I turned to Kerry and said, "You know how I said I never want to be proposed to in Disney World? Never ever?" Kerry agreed that I'd said that (the family that had just taken our picture looked at us strangely...) I said "I've changed my mind. If I were to be proposed to in Disney World, I'd want it to be here. But it's still really cheesy." *note: Sorry to those who are planning or have been proposed to in Disney World; it's so cliche to me that I'd want something REALLY original*

Saturday was Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom. I rode Kali River Rapids for my first time, and KERRY was the one that got soaked, when I thought it would be me all along! We also got some great shots on Kilaminjaro (spelling?) Safaris. Morning Extra Magic Hours at Animal Kingdom has its benefits- the animals MOVE! We had lunch at the Plaza Restaurant (I called the reservation line to see if they had any reservations available while we were waiting for the bus from DAK to MK). The mayor and his wife were standing by the podium when we checked in, and he asked "So how's the honeymoon?" I quickly explained that we were just on a simple vacation. The mayor glanced at Kerry, then turned back to me and said "Oh well. Better luck next time, right?" with a wink. I saw the Share a Dream Come True Parade for the first time, and Fairy Godmother winked at me! Kerry says my face was like a little kid that meets a character for the first time. We also saw Wishes! and Spectromagic (Where'd the Chernabog float go!?!)

Sunday, we went to Epcot in the morning to go on the rides that we hadn't been able to get to on Friday (all the cool stuff in Future World), and finished in Disney/MGM Studios. He also really liked Fantasmic! and LMA. I wasn't a huge fan of Beauty and the Beast, but I guess I'm spoiled after having seen the Broadway show. Of course, we had to do Rockin' Rollercoaster and ToT. We got the combination that is the rarest (I have a friend that works there, and she was coincidentally working when we rode. I asked her about it, because it was a drop sequence I haven't been through in a long time). Apparently, it only comes up 2-3 times a day. So Kerry had a little fright :lol: Dinner at the Prime Time Cafe was good, too.

Monday, we switched resorts (Boardwalk Villas to the Polynesian), and finished up the two lands we missed on Saturday (Tomorrowland and Fantasyland). We got back in time to relax on the beach and watch the water pageant and Wishes! from a hammock.

This morning, we ate at the Kona Cafe. Definitely a place I'm going to beg my parents to go to for breakfast!

I have a few pics posted at Photobucket, but they're mostly of the Polynesian. I'm still updating it.
Hmmmm, that be some mighty big restaurant....
we are gentle folk , always eating in our igloos, eh.

robynchic

Original Poster
TAC said:
I thought everyone knew there was a waterfall, rushing stream, etc in Canada. Even the Birnbaum's Offical WDW guide mentions it. Oh well.
Me? Use a BOOK? That's money that would likely be wasted for me. I like discovering things on my own!

simple

TAC said:
I thought everyone knew there was a waterfall, rushing stream, etc in Canada. Even the Birnbaum's Offical WDW guide mentions it. Oh well.

wellz... not everyone :zipit:

anywayz... nice report robyn, and nice piccies too:sohappy:

hope i can write my trip report soon... :(

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
robynchic said:
I turned to Kerry and said, "You know how I said I never want to be proposed to in Disney World? Never ever?" Kerry agreed that I'd said that (the family that had just taken our picture looked at us strangely...) I said "I've changed my mind. If I were to be proposed to in Disney World, I'd want it to be here. But it's still really cheesy." *note: Sorry to those who are planning or have been proposed to in Disney World; it's so cliche to me that I'd want something REALLY original*

So?!?! Did you say "yes"? Are congratulations in order?

robynchic

Original Poster
garyhoov said:
So?!?! Did you say "yes"? Are congratulations in order?
LOL There was no proposal (I wish!) But it may give him ideas down the road (we're planning a vacation in Disney World in March)

robynchic

Original Poster
brertigger said:
Were the crowds bad? How were the wait times?
I don't think I can answer how bad the crowds were- I work here, so I have a different POV. As for the wait times, we almost always waited at LEAST 5-10 minutes less than what was posted. Which is why we only fastpassed something like 2 or 3 rides in four days.

dr_teeth90210

Nice trip report and pics.

This one is my favorite.
Hugsfromafox.jpg

When's Brer Fox gonna learn that "No" means "No".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom