Trip Report Trip Report IV: A New Hope ***Completed***

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Trip Report IV: A New Hope

It is a period of domestic unrest. After years of wearing him down BES has won her first victory in getting DH to join her at WDW.

After her last adventure to WDW BES managed to uncover DH’s not so secret plans to see Disney’s ultimate weapon: STAR WARS STUFF.

Pursuant to DH’s hint of interest, BES raced to plan an awesome trip to win her spouse over to the Disney side of THE FORCE and restore freedom to the galaxy...

When: January 31st to February 6th
Where: Port Orleans- Riverside
Who: Just DH and myself (BES)

Here’s the pre-trip report.

I’ll start with something I finished in between trips. I’m not kidding when I say we are a pro-SW household:

732763AA-6770-469D-B1D4-08C039203631.jpeg

Last edited:

ferbtones

@Back!Elbow!Shoulders! , @Loco_driver , @k8einwdw sending all the best wishes in the world your way in the hopes that your rooms soon get an occupant.

Me and hubby tried for so long for a baby, we gave up hope and booked a fab trip to Disneyland California.
Day before balance was due I found out I was pregnant. Decided to cancel the holiday so we could focus on getting ready for the baby.

He is 16 now, daughter is 13. Good things will happen to you good people. 🤞🏻

We still never got to go to Disneyland. 😂

Last edited:

DouglasE

How enjoyable your trip report was. Your other half consumes so much coffee! It really was like what are they going to experience in between coffee stops? I'm more like you. If you read my latest trip report, I definitely would have had more cocktails if it wasn't for how much they cost at Walt Disney World. You have got me seriously considering staying at the Boardwalk for my next visit. I mean it might be worth it just to be close to Abracadabar alone. I just wish I knew when the next visit will be. Because at this rate, I probably won't be going anywhere until a vaccine is developed. I usually watch suspenseful dramas, but during this pandemic I've been prone to nightmares. Last night, I dreamed I had been held prisoner for 10 years. Ugh. Lately I've been binge watching The Great British Bake-Off. Consequently I've been doing a bit of baking. Yesterday was a banana chocolate chip loaf. It came out incredibly moist and a bit dense but awfully good. My last purchase was a double boiler and some ramekins. So I definitely can relate to the ice cream maker.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster
How enjoyable your trip report was. Your other half consumes so much coffee! It really was like what are they going to experience in between coffee stops? I'm more like you. If you read my latest trip report, I definitely would have had more cocktails if it wasn't for how much they cost at Walt Disney World. You have got me seriously considering staying at the Boardwalk for my next visit. I mean it might be worth it just to be close to Abracadabar alone. I just wish I knew when the next visit will be. Because at this rate, I probably won't be going anywhere until a vaccine is developed. I usually watch suspenseful dramas, but during this pandemic I've been prone to nightmares. Last night, I dreamed I had been held prisoner for 10 years. Ugh. Lately I've been binge watching The Great British Bake-Off. Consequently I've been doing a bit of baking. Yesterday was a banana chocolate chip loaf. It came out incredibly moist and a bit dense but awfully good. My last purchase was a double boiler and some ramekins. So I definitely can relate to the ice cream maker.

I read your comment waiting in line at Starbucks. So DH isn’t the only one with the coffee problem. 😂

Glad you enjoyed the TR.

I’m right there with ya wishing I could plan my next trip but can’t until there’s a vaccine. When I finally make the jump to deluxe resorts I would love to stay in one of the Epcot area ones.

fractal

Day 5: February 4th continued

Our first FP was for KS. Our guide, Rebecca, was excellent.

View attachment 457104

There was family behind us who all seemed a little dull. Not trying to be mean but they were.

The guide would point out and name something like the painted dogs and then the entire family would be like “oh hyenas!” All while the guide was listing off facts and repeating the name painted dogs. 🤦🏻‍♀️

One of kids asked aloud “wouldn’t it be great to hunt that?!” in reference to the ankole cattle. 🤦🏻‍♀️

It was amusing to listen to them. They are were genuinely having their minds blown by what they were seeing and hearing.

Near the end the would be hunter kid lamented that he knew he wouldn’t remember any of these cool facts but wished he could.

View attachment 457105

Trunks up! @Darstarr

After the Safari we started to make our way to lunch. We didn’t make it far due to the musician performing in Africa.

View attachment 457106

DH: “It’s a kora! I’ve never seen anyone actual play them. Just recording.” 😍

We listened off to the side for quite a while. DH was so excited and impressed that the musician didn’t even miss a beat as he took pictures and chatted with folks.

We eventually made it to Saut’uli Canteen for lunch and even found a table outside.

View attachment 457107

DH really liked the food and even reiterated how great he thought the Safari was.

A lot of wins in this post!

fractal

Day 6 February 5th continued

View attachment 473443

We joined the line for MF:SR about 640 and had about a 25 min wait.

View attachment 473445
(DH was kind enough to take a real picture of me too

Our assignment:

View attachment 473446

We were both really excited. We were also both really terrible pilots. 🤦🏻‍♀️

We has a blast though and luckily the dad and son also in our cabin didn’t mind our terribleness.

A gonk! 😍

View attachment 473447

That’s no moon...

View attachment 473448

Oh wait. Nope. It’s the moon.

View attachment 473450

Our final FP of the trip was next- SDD. I thought it was even more fun at night.

View attachment 473449

We watched the SW Galactic Spectacular from some benches near the Brown Derby. We couldn’t see everything but we got to be off to ourselves.

We left just before the end to beat the crowds and were on bus by 830.

We must have eaten dinner or something at some point this evening. But I have no notes on it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Back to the room to start the sad process of packing and then off to bed. 😢

This was a pretty perfect final park day.

Loving all the Star Wars references!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster
Loving all the Star Wars references!

Thanks! I was trying to sprinkle some in but not too many to turn off the non-SW fans.

Awesome report! So glad I went back to finish it. Hang in there as better days are ahead!

So glad you enjoyed it. And I sure hope you’re right. At this point I’d settle for just ok days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom