Trip Report From 7/11/07-7/13/07

Hi everyone I just returned from the world late last night and we had alot of fun!
Let's get things rolling, now just so you'll know I didn't take that many pictures but the few I have that you guys would have interest in seeing I will post on here!

July 11:
-We left home at about 6:30 am, but by the time we got breakfast and coffee it was of course about 7:15 am. We got on the road expecting commuter traffic but ran into none but so ever and were in the world checking into the hotel by 8!
-We stayed at the Contemporary and the woman checking us in was a little snotty but I think that was because I didn't want her 5th floor room she offered us, I wanted a 9th floor or higher room eventually she got us in on the 10th floor and we were able to go to our room right then, we were shocked! We went to the room got the luggage up there and then went downstairs to buy the tickets.
-We then hoped a bus for MGM and were ther by 9:15! We went to go ride ToT b/c the sign said 20 min but apparently the sign was wrong the wait was like 90 min! So we got a fastpass for like 10:15 am and went on to RnRC, that wait was about 45 min so we were like ok no biggie we waited for that and so by like 10 we had ridden RnRC and then headed back over to ToT we thought we would just wait out the 10 min or so but as it turned out my watch was running about 20 min slow so we got on right away!
-We then headed on to the Narnia Show, The Voyage of the Little Mermaid, The Highschool Musical Pep Rally, now this show left me wishing I had no ear drums but my friend wanted to see it,and One Man's Dream. After those we grabbed a FP for the Indy Stunt Show and went and had lunch at 50's; and we had alot of fun there Cousin Jeff was our server and he gave us a hard time about my friend being on her phone with her Dad and me accidently knocking my drink over! He informed me that I was an extreme disappointment and obviosuly was looking for attention and my friend that she was a pain for wanting chedder cheese on her sandwich instead of swiss! We laughed it off but then he started telling us that he needed a new vaccum cleaner, we asked us if we knew if any were on sale at Target at this point we were confused, Target? It's the 50's it doesn't exist yet...neways.
-Then we had to wait in a very long line to use the fastpasses for the Stunt Show and we had fun watching that; then we went and rode the GMR, explored the Streets of America and we were going to watch LMASS but we decided we were extremley tired and so we went back to the resort. We walked around the concourse and then got cleaned up for dinner at Alfredo's.
-Now that was an intersting experience, when we made the reservations we were like o Italian food yumm, but it wasn't what we thought it would have been, I ordered a glass of Sangria and it had a horribly bitter after taste and I was mad at the fact I paid $10 bucks for a glass that was nothing but a small wine glass full! Neways then we ordered a bottle of water shared that, waited for our appetiizers I had a caser salad that was another $10 bucks, and my friend had a cup of soup we had the entree portion of the Alfredo and it was very good but totally different than what we were expecting, we didn't even bother to tell them it was my b-day so i could get my free desert because we were ready to go! That dinner cost us $100 bucks! We were shocked but walked outside watched Illuminations and fought the incredibly large crowds of Brazillin tour groups that thought they had to literally knock us over to get to the monorail before us! Eventually we just waited it out in a gift shop and finally got back to the hotel and went to sleep because we had to wake up at 7 to go to EMH for MK the next day!

cdunbar

Original Poster
Day 2:
-We woke up and went downstairs to have our traditional sticky mickey we got to the concourse and the lady asked do you have a reservation we were like uhh no b/c it has always been extremley empty we we've eaten there and this time was no expection! The lady tells us it'll be like 20 min b/c we don't have a reservation we again look at each other b/c we could count on one hand the number of tables in use, we were like ok w/e so we waited got seated and got our Mickey but Mickey had an issue he was stone cold and the sauce in the bottom was hard we sent it back and got a new nice hot one! We ate him, and got the monorail to MK!
-We got there about 8:15 waited for about 20 min for Space Mountain, rode that, buzz, Monsters Inc., Stich and were in Fantasyland by 9! Then we precided to ride Winnie the Pooh, Snow White walk in and out of a few stores, ride PM, and head on to Liberty Square to take a sad picture of us in front of the HM b/c it was closed!
DSC00066.JPG
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=27584&cat=3666
-We went and got Splash Mountain FP, rode pirates that was the longest we waited all day! 45 min, and then went and ate lunch at the Plaza, it was my b-day trip and so I had to wear the Pin the mayor gave me and he kept calling me trista even though I told him about 12 times was name was Christa neways then we enjoyed our free cake and went and rode splash, we got soaked! Got a FP for big thunder and rode Jungle Cruise, used our FP for big thunder and headed back to the hotel for a nap and our friend who was joining us for Dinner at the Cailifornia Grill the food was fantastic, and we watched the fireworks and they were just ok, they seemed to be off kilter...neways our friend didn't leave until like 3

July 13th-Friday the 13th ahh:
So I forgot to mention that on wednesday the front word epcot was still there and the back word was there with like 2 letters when we went yesterday the front was all gone but the E and the back was completly gone
Front:
DSC00069.JPG

cdunbar

Original Poster
sorry the computer was being dumb here is part II cont...
back:
DSC00086.JPG

So we went and grabbed our FP's for Soarin' 1:21pm we were pleased! So then we went and rode the seas with nemo and friends got off that ride feeling disappointed I guess it wasn't what I expected neways then we headed off to do some shopping and we bought nothing expect for me I bought a friday the 13th pin! Then we headed off to go ride Test Track and Mission Space! Test Track was closed, surprise surprise!
-As we were getting in the Standby line for MS a CM tapped my friend on the shoulder and said would you like to take a tour of the tower control room and get a free FP for this ride we were like sure! So we did the tower which took a total of 15 min and then were placed on the next available orange simulator. I got really cold in the ride and I guess this was bad after being so hot for such a long time b/c I went outside and got sick! I would just like to say if someone who reads this works at epcot near MS and TT I'm really sorry I got sick in the grass :eek: . Neways after I sat down for like an hr and got my stomach back in order we went to go check TT still closed so we moved right along and used our FP's for Soarin' though it was less than enjoyable b/c the lady behind us kept taking pictures with her flash on and basically blacking out the screen everytime a new image came up! Then we went and ate lunch at Coral Reef!
-Coral Reef was so cool! We checked in and forgot to say we wanted an aquarium table I was still feeling less than stellar and so when the hostess took us back there was like 5 open on the floor and we were on the 3rd level we said o can we sit there she was like well did u ask to sit there I said no but we would like to! She said in a very rude tone "Fine I guess I can go talk to someone about fixing your screw up!" We were just as nice as can be back and said "Thanks we'd really appreciate it!" She came back and said "look we have to go up front now and I have to talk to the main hostess b/c I can't fix your screw up on floor" we were like ok w/e. She took us back to the hostess stand and told us to stand in front of it and told the main hostess "look these two need transfer and I dunno why they didn't say they wanted a aqua table before but they do now so we need to see if we can fix their mistake!" We stood there for like 10 min and then she came and got us and gave us our table but told us "Now this is the worst aquarium table but it's all I could get!" We were like ok w/e but actually we thought it was great b/c you could see all the way down the tank and we had about 3 turtles who decided to eat lunch with us!
DSC00139.JPG

this was the biggest one but stayed the shortest amount of time!
The waiter we had was super nice which made up for the rude hostess, and I got a free desert of my choosing! I had the mahi-mahi and it came with some weird pasta thing the waiter couldn't explain but he said I could have potatoes instead and my friend had the salmon sandwich. He asked her at what temperature would you like the chef to cook ur salmon she looked at me like does that mean and I said I have no idea :confused: she said umm I want the fish to be hot he said so u don't want it to be raw it the middle and cold and she was like uhh no I would like it to be hot! So we had that and a cup of the lobster soap each and OMG it was delicious! we had a jack daniels and bailey's choclate mousse for dessert and it was great!
-We went and tried to ride TT and the FP machines were uncovered and a time wasn't on the front and so we figured that the machienes were either empty or b/c it had been closed most of the day it was an open ended thing! Nope they were out, and the standby wait was 150 min! :eek: We were like you know what were good! So were headed to World Showcase when I said Blair I'm exhausted do u feel like u want to go home yet? She was like thank God I've been tired since Mission Space it was only like 3 when we left epcot and it was 4 by the time we got on the monorail, switched monorails, got back to the hotel and found the car! We were home by 5, which is 15 min longer than it should have taken but there was a small brush fire on the Polk Parkway that made them close the west bound lane so you would have to wait while east went and then we would have to go in the east lane and yeah that concludes by trip....it was short and sweet and the best 21st birthday I think anyone could have!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom