Trip Report: Fort Wilderness/DinoRama

shimer

Original Poster
Spent a ton of time at WDW this weekend, mostly at Fort Wilderness with friends. We rented a cabin for the weekend and just hung out watching football and playing GameCube :) This was my first time at FW at night, and I was surprised at all the activity there in the evening. The place was full of people, especially around Pioneer Hall. We rented a golf cart and made a lot of runs back and forth between Crocket's bar and the cabin :)

I recommened FW for anyone who is interested in a lively environment. And it's amazing the number of people who come down and put up Christmas displays at their campers.

Sunday I headed over to AK to ride Kali and check out DinoRama. I have to say I'm disappointed with the area and TriceraTop Spin. Aladdin is much better. The midway environment just feels out of place.

MrPromey

Thanks for the info! :) I don't imagine there are too many people that go to Disney to play Nintendo and watch football but it sounds like you had a great time... and from your location, I can understand it ;) I've never thought about going up there and just hanging out like that. It sounds like a lot of fun!

Lance

Fort Wilderness is great, you don't have to drive your car anywhere, you just use your golf cart for all forms of transportation.

MCMike37

Fort Wilerness is the only way to go. 14 times with the family and we have stayed there everytime. Usually request the same loop too (1600) Just the perfect place to stay if you ahve a trailer and are there for long periods. We would go for a month at a time in the summers, and it was so nice to have all your stuff with youm, not have to go out for food all the time, and just watch TV or play games or fish f you weren't in a park mood that day.

I miss those summers.

Lance

I totally agree mike, everytime we stay in the tent-trailer, we stay in loop 900. I love FW, it has the best atmosphere.

shimer

Original Poster
Well, one of the benefits of living in Orlando is that we get to go to the parks fairly often. Every once in a while we stay at the resorts, and usually try to enjoy it to the fullest rather than calling it a place to sleep between parks :)

The Cabins and FW are a little different, in that they give you all the benefits of the resorts (food, boats, bikes, etc), plus you get a nice place with lots of room to hang out.

We knew we weren't typical guests when we went out walking around at 12AM and everyone was asleep recouperating from a long day at the parks :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom