Trip Report (Aug 16th - 23rd)

Hi everyone,

Just got back from fort wilderness campground last night and I have a couple comments, questions and updates.

1. Was anyone in the MK on Monday? I found the attendance massive! Around 2ish i guess Liberty square seemed close to gridlock, I dont know if Hall of presidents just let out but it was packed!

2. While at the MK mickey's philarmagic didnt seem to be doing too much. Went back on Thursday the 21st and same deal. I didnt hear anything like last minute construction. Maybe they are into final tests...

3. While at the Mk on thursday took the keys to the kingdom tour. Very cool! It was about 5 hours and lunch was included. Tour guide was great and got some questions answered not only on the Mk but on E, AK and job oppotunities in WDW. Rode Jungcle Cruise and HM... did u guys know the there is a hidden donald in the HM? ;)

4. I knew the river country is closed and has been for a while but what I was thinking is that they could use the area with the left over slides to make the FWC pool huge! It would increase the attendance in the fort wilderness campground but then that might pursuade others to sneak in... it has its pros and cons.

5. Speaking of cons... I am going to start a petition to change the name of Florida from the sunshine state to the rainy state... It rained for the full week we were there! A tornado even hit Oceoloa area. We went to Blizzard beach on tuesday and they closed it at 4 because of rain and I witnessed the hugest thunderstorm of my life when we left the MK early because of rain... Is this usual?

6. On a disney bus on the way to DD I saw Sarasota Springs resort under construction... can anyone fill me in on that new resort... Sarasota is a city in NY but what other theming does it feature?

7. If anyone stays of visits the yatch and beach club, go to the dinner buffet at the cape may cafe... very good! At par with other restaurents and has a great nautical atmosphere.

8. oh yes, one more thing... on the way there I saw a sign advertising TofT... is said "good news, we made it worse" what did they do?

Ok, thats all for now... good luck with people already back to school of going back next week! :animwink:

Sally_doll

thanks for all your comments:)
tower of terror has a new random drop sequence so you never know what your going to get. Thats what the sign was advertising.
I am so glad to hear good stuff about the keys to the kingdom tour because i plan to take it my next trip. In your opinion do you think it would interest someone who has only been to disney world once and likes it but is not in love with it? I am trying to decide if my friend is going to have fun or will think its insanely boring disney junk for 5 hours. Thankyou.

leota05

Original Poster
well the good thing about the tour is that you've seen the Mk park so many times and know it inside an out or enjoyed it a lot is that you can see how it works on the outside... they take you underground for a but and behind main street... pretty cool stuff. Personally I've been to the MK 6 times so I wanted something new and different. If thats what your lookin for than thats the way to go! hope that helps!

DisneyPhD

Hi there, we just got back too. Didn't do MK on Monday Aug 18, we did BB and then dinner at GF 1900 park fare. We avoided MK on monday because we heard that it is the busiest day there (I don't know why) it was open until 11:00 that night.

Oh my God was it rainy. One day out of 10 with no (or very little) rain. Monday night was the worst. (BIL and SIL had just arived and we had to get to GF by 7:10 for dinner, good thing we opped to take there rental car or we never would of made it.) I am happy to be home and out of the rain. I didn't mind the days when the rain started around 3:30, but 3 days it started before 12:00 continued all day, and that was just way to much rain.

Wednesday Aug 20th we went to MK late (after dinner at CG) the CM told us when we were coming in at 10:00 and people were coming out that there was 50,000 people in there for the 8:30 parde that night.

leota05

Original Poster
wow 50 thousand huh? thats insane, its not like there was a special event (unless u count the park closing at 11) to get so many people but still was crazy.

No I didnt meet anyone by the name of Tall Paul.

P.S. Isnt CG great? I went last year, the view is amazing!

DisneyPhD

I think one of the reasons there was so many people was they had been predicting rain, and it had been raining for days, but it held off Wednesday night and ended up being a lovely night. That brought all the people who were hiding in there resorts out to see the night parade and enjoy the brief lack of rain.

We loved CG and can't belive it was the 1st time we had been there, it won't be the last (it was a special event, our 10th wedding aniversay, so the 70$ bill wasn't too bad all things considered.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom