Trip Report!!!!! 4/8 - 4/16

This trip was for my brother Kurt (15) and I, Jessica (20) kind of like a reunion trip after being separated for 12 years and finding each other this past august. So here is the trip report ....

Thursday - April 8, 2004
We woke up at about 3:30 ( i had just fallen asleep at 1:00 because I was so excited) and got the luggage loaded into my car and headed off to the airport. Mom was gonna bring us but she decided it would be ok to just leave my car at the airport and she would pay for the parking. Thanks Mom! So we get to the airport and check in our stuff, we were both feeling a little nauseous maybe because of excitement I have no idea so we both took some dramamine before the plane just to be safe. Our flight left at 7:30 am out of providence, ri and was due to land at 10:20. The flight was great (i have flown 73 times in my life and i highly recommend Southwest Airlines along with Delta). So we finally land in Orlando about 20 minutes early grab our bags and go to catch the Mears shuttle. We waited for over an hour just to be crammed in a van in which i was sitting in the front with my knees stuffed into the dash for some reason the seat wouldnt move back. But it was ok I was paying more attention to all the billboards WDW has along the highway which got me really excited. First we dropped off people at the Pop Century resort. Looked pretty nice, much bigger it seems than the All Star Resorts. Then we were dropped off at our resort, All Star Movies. Kurt sat with the luggage and I checked in. We were put in building 10, Toy Story (Buzz Lightyear). We had a short walk to the busses and the food court (convenient after a long day at the parks). We were tucked away in a quiet spot of the resort which was nice. Our room was being finished when we arrived but it was ok not a big deal. So then we went to the food court and grabbed some lunch (Gotta love those chicken strips!).
We decided that the first day we were there we would head over to the Magic Kingdom because we had reservations for the Crystal Palace. We walked into MK and when we saw the castle kurt looked at me and gave me a big hug and he siad "We finally made it" ( we had been counting down since 206 days). He laughed at me when We saw mickey in the Share a Dream Come True Parade and I said "Mickey I'm Home!" We were warned about the crowds but when we got there it was packed. We got a fastpass for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin then walked around for a bit. Not much we could do so we went into the Timekeeper and then right onto the Carousel of Progress. We wanted to get on the TTA but there was actually a pretty lengthy line for it and thats when we knew it was packed. We decided to head over to Adventureland and did the Enchanted Tiki Room. It was only about 4:30 we had 1 1/2 hours until we could use our fastpass. We hoped Splash Mountain wasn't a huge wait but it was so we jumped on the WDW Railroad and just road around. We got off at Main Street and decided that we would go to check in about 10 minutes early at the Crystal Palace. There was a lady about 8 people ahead of us who has reservations at 5:35 (right before us at 5:40) and they told her she would have to wat like 45 minutes at least so we were like nevermind lets just go somewhere else. We got to get on the monorail (is it just me or are the first monorail rides of the vacation so exciting? lol) we were able to ride up front on our way to Epcot. On our way there, a man was sitting with us up front and he was from an ABC show I dont know which one but he was talking about his script for this episode and blah blah and he had a pass on his neck but I couldnt quite read it. We were also informed that someone had hit there head or something at Epcot while in line and went unconcious. We got to Epcot decided not to even go in because again, like MK it was so busy. We decided to head over to Disney Quest, spent some time there which it was very busy there too (probably due to late afternoon showers) and then went to the hotel to get some rest.

Friday - April 9, 2004
We went to Disney MGM Studios today. We had a schedule planned out on what day to go where and do what and then just decided it wasnt worth it and picked randomly each day what to do. First thing we headed off to Rock N' Roller Coaster. I myself have never been on any roller coaster that goes upside down or anything too intense. The standby wait was 65 minutes but seemed to be moving fairly quick so Kurt and I decided that we would just have to deal with the long waits because it was a busy time to visit. We were in the "recording studio" in no more than 30 minutes. I heard from one of the bus drivers that they make the wait lines longer than they really are to maintain the crowds and somewhat scare people away but shhhhhhhh you didn't hear that from me. Well when we walked into the loading part of the ride I saw how fast the limos take off looked at kurt and he started laughing, He loves these kind of rides. Neither of us however have ever been on RnRC. Needless to say I loved it. It is my favorite ride at WDW. The picture we bought is priceless kurt doesn't look phased one bit but i do! We went to the Great Movie Ride and got on within 10 minutes. When we walked off we noticed some characters were out so we got our pictures with Goofy and then Lilo & Stitch. Then we got to meet Mike & Sully from Monsters Inc. Then over to Pizza Planet for lunch and played some games with the change we had. We went and watched Muppet Vision 3D and on our way out we got pictures taken with Woody Buzz & Jessie. We decided to go to the Backlot tour and on the way made a pit stop into a new bathroom built near where the new motor stunt show will be. We also stopped to get our pictures taken in one of the spots where you are in a green area but then placed by computer in with a bunch of characters. Kurt and I look like we are swimming with nemo marlin dory and bruce. Very Cute! We went on the Backlot Tour, got into the preshow right away no wait and it took us about 5 minutes from the preshow to actually get onto our tram. Even though I am very excited about the new motor stunt show, it took a lot out of the backlot tour. We went over to Who Wants to be a Millionaire PLAY IT! and grabbed fastpasses for the next show. We went and met Sorcerer Mickey and then grabbed a frozen banana while waiting for our fastpass times to come around. We went into WWTBAM and had lots of fun. Although none of our scores made it up on the screen, our faces did. Kurt was giving me a wet willy and a looked at him and pretened to slap him and then we looked up and saw our faces on the screen and the host was like *Yes we are watching you* i was so embarassed. We then grabbed a FP for ToT After we got out we went into One Man's Dream. I am so glad that they still have this. It's such a great tribute to Walt Disney. We headed over to ToT and we both agreed it wasn't that great. I have been on 4 times before kurt had been on once. We didn't get dropped all the way it ws just halfway at a time. We decided to go on RnRC again in which we met some nice people from Montreal. Paula, Brenda & Katherine if you read this make sure you say hi to me! When we got to the loading area the castmember asked how many of us there were we said 5 so that we could all ride together it was so fun. Kurt and I decided to call it a night and go chill out at the hotel at bout 9:30.

Saturday - April 10, 2004
I have been to WDW 10 times before, and kurt had been once. In all the times I had been there MK was always the most crowded. Not this time though, It was crowded but nothing like Animal Kingdom. I swear neither of us could move. It was ridiculous! We went to Dinosaur! and got on in 10 minutes then we went to see Tarzan Rocks! I love this show and wanted kurt to see it and he really liked it too. Then we grabbed fast passes to Kali River Rapids. We headed to Restaurantosaurus for lunch had some french fried and mcdonalds chicken nuggets. After lunch we walked around in the stores it was about the only place we could somewhat move in. We figured we would try the Maharajah Jungle Trek only to see that there was a line to get in! I have never seen this before. We went on Kali River Rapids and then decided it was too crowded and too hot (about 89 degrees that day) and went to the hotel. Before we left we met susie and pearla from cinderella and launchpad from darkwing duck. We took a little nap for about 2 hours i was still not caught up on the sleep i missed the night before we left to the airport. After that we headed over to MK and to our surprise it was very very manageable. We went on Splash mountain within 20 minutes and Big Thunder Mountain within about 7. We went over to the Haunted Mansion which was a 5 minute wait and then I was very excited we got to go do Mickey's Philharmagic. I loved it! This and RnRC are my two favorite attractions at WDW. MP even inspired kurt and I to buy Sorcerer Mickey hats. We walked around to go grab a quick bite to eat at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. Our Aunt asked us to get the iced cappacinos because she likes the cups they come in, well we did and we got addicted, we had 6 cups for her at the end of the vacation and 1 for the each of us. We couldnt go to MK without getting one. After a late dinner we went on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin which we waited 5 minutes for then we walked right onto the TTA and waited 15 minutes to get on the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. We went to Mickey's Toontown Fair and went into the Toontown Hall of Fame and met Pooh Eeyore & Tigger. We also took little trips into Minnie & Mickeys house. You know in mickey's house how it looks like he just had a football party? Well you know we cant see what is on the tv, but you can hear it and see the lights coming from it but because it is fenced off you cant see it. Kurt decided to lean over to try to see on the video camera if he could get it on film what was on tv, well in the process he set off the alarm in Mickey's house. But so did about 20 other people after us. It was pretty funny. We missed wishes that night because we were on all the rides during that time. But we made sure we would see it.

Sunday - April 11, 2004
Happy Easter Everyone! That morning while kurt was in the shower i told him I would go fill up our mugs in the food court. I was really going to Donald's Double Feature (All Star Movies resort store) and get an easter basket made for him. I got him a stuffed animal stitch(his fav character), a little porcelain figurine of lilo and stitch doing the hula (they have bobble heads) a happy easter pin with stitch coming out of an easter egg and thumper is with him (from bambi) and some mickey lollipops. Well kurt realized i forgot the mugs and decided to look for me. As I was getting everything put in the basket and wrapped and a bow put on for him, he walked in i chased him out and he was like why? he didnt know what was going on then i came out with the basket and he understood. then he went and made me one with a mickey sketchpad (i love drawing) a beanie baby Mickey a mickey RnRC pin a Sorcerer Mickey Clock and a flying mickey you stick to your mirror. It was great we both loved our stuff. We went to breakfast at chef mickey's that morning. We were 10 minutes late but we got seated right away. Kurt found a new girlfriend - Minnie Mouse and Dale proposed to me. It was so cute. We had the best time and some really good food. We headed to epcot after breakfast and kurt and I were kind of in a grumpy mood after a little argument so we decided to leave. I made him feel better by bringing him to Downtown Disney so he could buy his XBox at Virgin Records. We sat in the hotel for a while and played Xbox then decided to just relax for most of the day. And that was what we did :) We ended up going back to DD that night only to have some kids try to start stuff with kurt in the bathroom and then while waiting for our bus about 40 drunk girls came out puking and one guy collapsed in front of us so we rode the carribean beach bus until it went back to DD and we got on a bus without 40 throwing up drunk girls.

Monday - April 12, 2004
We were still tired from the past few days and slept til about 10. It felt good to sleep! And we had blisters on our feet we were soaking them in hot towels so it felt good to rest them up. We went to DD so that kurt could buy a game for his Xbox but they didnt have it. We took teh bus to the Contemporary and grabbed the monorail to MK (shorter than taking the bus all the way back to ASM). We rode splash mountain again and had gotten a fast pass for space mountain. While waiting for space mountain we rode its a small world and teh Pirates of the carribean. Neither of them had a wait and splash mountain was 10 minutes. We were doing good with our times and as soon as we got out of space mountain we grabbed a spot for wishes. I had read many times that it made peoples eyes tear up and yes it does! it was so nice. I loved it. Kurt was picking on me at first but i think even he got a little teared up just because it was such a special place to be for us after not being able to see each other for 12 years. It kinda felt like we were little kids again which was good cuz thats how young we were before we were separated. We then sat at a little table waiting for the crowds to move out a bit and just listened to the music and took in allllll the magic MK has to offer. it was just wonderful. I loved it.

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
here is teh second part

Tuesday - April 13, 2004
Today we went back to Epcot. We got there at about 10:30 and went right to test track to get fastpasses. they were all out already. Mission: SPACE was out too. I wasn't feeling too good that day anyways i felt like i was gonna get a cold and i had a little scratch in my throat so kurt decided for my benefit we wouldn't wait in standby. Especially because I am very chlaustrophobic and he didnt want to make me go on for my safety which was very thoughtful because i know he really wanted to try it. We went into innoventions for a while and then decided to do world showcase. We took a boat ride through mexico and the smell of the food tempted us to eat there and we did. We had tacos (I forget what they were called on the menu) but they were good, I couldnt eat more than one though neither could kurt they were so filling but the taste got somewhat weird after the first few bites. Then we went to norway we skipped on Maelstrom and decided to walk through the rest of the world. We took our time with everything and went into all the shops and attractions met characters like Genie in the countries. We spent about 2 hours doing this it was just very relaxing and nice for the both of us instead of being concerned with lines and such. When we got back to future world we headed right onto Journey into your Imagination and took a ride with Figment. Is he not the cutest thing ever! I want to take him home with me lol. We went to the land after we spent some time with Figment and had some Vanilla Ice Cream which felt so good on my sore throat. We then checked out the nemo exhibit at the living seas. It was so cute. We got to meet and take our picture with nemo. Ireally loved that his lucky fin would wave every time he would see someone new as if he were waving. The living seas was very crowded, probably because of the new Nemo exhibit. We went back into innoventions for a bit and played around with some games and watched the Robotic dog. That was really cool Kurt wants one now lol. On our way out we walked right on to Spaceship Earth its a nice way to end the day at Epcot. After Epcot we went to the hotel and had dinner and then headed to Downtown Disney again for a little bit. We hung out at Disney quest for a while and did some cool stuff like the magic carpets of aladdin and the virtual jungle cruise then we decided to go back to the hotel for the night.

Wednsday - April 14, 2004
I woke up very stuffy that morning and with a very bad sore throat. I bought some cold medicine just to be safe. Today was also only about 63 but with a lot of wind so it was quite cold. We decided to go back to AK again and do the stuff we hadn't done yet. First we went and saw the Festival of the Lion King. Kurt loved that show and as we were leaving we decided to meet with a few characters n Camp Minnie - Mickey. We met Safari Mickey and The bears from Brother Bear. We went to go to Rafiki's Planet watch but there was a line to the train station and then the Kilimanjaro Safaris which was out of fastpasses and a 75 minute wait in which we couldn't even move to get to the line so we just left. On the way out we met Mushu, Meeko, and some of the country bears. We went to the hotel for about a couple hours and had lunch. We headed to Disney MGM Studios and grabbed a fastpass for RnRC. While we waited we went and saw Beauty and the Beast and did more shopping. We ate dinner at the Sci Fi Diner which was really cool and the milkshakes were sooooo good! We still had about 50 minutes til our fastpass so we decided to go on RnRC anyways in Standby which was again 65 minutes but took us 25 to get on. by the time we got off we had a little time to kill and went into the ToT store and a couple others and then got back on RnRC again. it is so much fun. I am addicted to that ride now. We went to see Fantasmic! at the 10:00 show. We got really good seats in the middle towards the back (so we could get out right away). At this point I had lost my voice and kurt was picking on me so I bought him a little Wheezy stuffed animal that squeaks (the penguin from Toy Story 2) cuz kurt loves him and all day kurt was saying I lost my squeaker so it was a cute joke. We left about 5 minutes before Fantasmic! ended but both of us had seen it although we missed my fav part at the end when mickey says "Some Imagination HUH?!" lol but we left so that we could get right one the bus and we did. Fantasmic! is still as good as ever though. We went to the hotel and I passed out and kurt played his Xbox.

Thursday - April 15, 2004
Our last full day at WDW :( I started to get depressed. We went to Downtown Disney that morning to get last minute gifts for everyone. I was really sick that day I couldn't talk at all and i was up all night coughing. Kurt went and got me oraneg juice and medicine cuz I lost mine but I was ready to go see mickey :) we got the bus to go drop off our stuff and then headed to MK for the day. We got our picture taken in front of the castle and I bout about $100 worth of scrapbooking stuff. We had a funnel cake in liberty square oooh it was so good! We did a lot of walking around in the shops, we went to meet Cinderella and the mice at the Toontown hall of fame and then we got in line to meet mickey at the judge's tent. We went in and took our picture and Mickey gave me a big hug and a kiss and on the way out kurt looked at me and laughed because my eyes were watery he asked what was wrong and I said "I'm gonna miss Mickey" he started to laugh and then realized how important the vacation had been to me that we finally got to do this together knowing that WDW is my favorite place to be and finally doing this with my little brother meant so much more. You probably are all laughin at me but i was sad knowing I wouldnt see mickey again for a while :( hes just so cute. And the excitement I get when I see him for the first time when I get to WDW its just great. anyways, enough sad stuff. We walked around some more and just took in all the surroundings. We went to get one last Iced cappucino and then we went on the Liberty Belle riverboat and then onto Splash Mountain one last time. As we left the park Wishes started and it was just so sad. I knew I was gonna be upset cuz I didnt want to leave. Kurt knew it too. As we were walking to the bus we both turned and looked back and said "See ya real soon". We got on our bus and watched the fireworks til we couldn't see them anymore. We got to the hotel and I was feeling realllllly sick and tired. We did our laundry and packed I had to throw away some clothes because I didn't have enough room for all of my stuff. I bought a lot and so did kurt. We had to jam everything in as tight as we could. Then we ended up passing out we were so tired.

Friday - April 16, 2004
Today was the sad day that we had to leave. On our way to leave the room, I cried. I thanked kurt for being such a good brother and I wished we didnt have to leave because it was so fun. He told me that we would be back again. We did our last minute packing and kurt turned in all 1500 tickets to the arcade to get some stuff. While he did that I checked out of the hotel and we stored our luggage. We went to epcot to see the flower and garden show which started that day. Kurt wanted to go on Test Track so we went to get fast passes but they werent available until 3:30 - 4:30 we wouldn't be there then so we waiting in the 70 minute standby line. A castmember gave kurt a ticket to wear to give the person who boards us into our car. I think it was to see how long the line was. Well we ended up waiting 2 1/2 hours to get on. Last time kurt was in wdw test track was being built and i know he really wanted to go on that and MS but because of my chlaustrophoia we couldnt do MS so at least we could do this. We waited 2 1/2 hours which was the longest i have ever waited for any attraction at wdw. Kurt enjoyed the ride but not as much as he would have if the wait had been shorter. After that we grabbed our last Premiuim Mickey Ice Cream Bar of the vacation and went to get our picture taken for Leave a Legacy. We got it free with out Vacation Package. After this we went to the hotel and grabbed our luggage and waited for the bus. The bus was 1/2 hour late and the ride to the airport was awful! The bus was so bumpy and squeaky lol. We grabbed a quick dinner and got on the plane. We left 30 minutes late becaus eour captain spilled coffee on the controls and radios and technicians had to come replace them lol.

Overall the trip was amazing. We did everything we wanted to do, it was crowded but we knew how to handle them. The only park we didnt get to thoroughly enjoy was AK but the other 3 we did and we had the best trip ever. We are already planning to go again next year and swore to each other we would go back once a year. It was a magical trip and I wouldn't want to change any bit of it. Kurt is now a wdw addict and can't wait to go back. :)

Pics up soon!

MKCP 1985

What a great report, and a happy story. You might have been on Dinosaur around the same time as my crew on Saturday the 10th. It was soo hot at AK that day! Half a day is all I can stand in that park.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom