Trip Report 4.20.2002 COP news

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Howdy folks please keep your hands, and arms inside at all time. Now hang on to those hats, and glasses cause this here is the Wildest Trip Report in the wilderness

Good morning all. Whew what a night 161 images to process and upload. New Mission:Space constructions shots, and the Epcot Flower and Garden festival photos.

My trip started out at Epcot to see the flowers. Mind you I am not much of a gardner but I like to see what others can do. Anyways. The Festival is very very nice. Some gorgeous plants, and some Great "special guests" I wont go into much on this because I have more news dealing with the Magic Kingdom.

I hopped aboard Monorail RED this afternoon, and headed for MK. Upon arriving. I stopped into the Gallery on Main Street. I am hooked on collecting the Attractions Posters (I.E. Splash Mountain, Big Thunder etc) It was nearing Parade time, and I wanted to ride Haunted Mansion. I headed for tomorrowland since there was no way I was going to brave heading through the hub.

Upon my arrival to Tomorrowland. I noticed TimeKeeper was stilled closed, so I went to see if Carousel of Progress was running. When I finally made it through the mad rush that is the Buzzlight Year Adventure I saw the Carousel theater running. Of course excited to see this my plans changed. I then went on Carousel till it closed at 5. Ok about the crowds. The crowds where good, the more I rode it the more people I saw etc. Mind you the theater was never packed except for one showing. The rest of the time I would say 60-75% full (a good showing)

I spoke with several CM's working COP, and they said they had opened just for the day since the crowds where killing the major Tomorrowland rides.

Here is the good news. You can now film (video tape), and also take still photos. As long as you use NO EXTERNAL LIGHTS

Thats right I finally, after all this time have excellent film of COP. The CM's said the rule changed after so many people complained saying they wanted to film etc.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Some info I heard from some CM's which I will break down one as a possible rumor.

One CM said that when Disney closed COP down earlier this year. They recieved 20,000 complaints to guest service about the ride being closed. With the majority saying that this was Walt's ride, and how could you close it during the 100 year celebration.

Another CM working COP said there is a rumor floating around that COP could be moving over seas for sometime. For the other park(s) to show it. I couldnt see Disney doing that BUT I could be wrong. Either way I would take that as the CM said RUMOR

Great news though for the fans on here who want to film. Feel free to next time your on COP to fire up the ol' camcorder or digital camera, and take as many shots as you want. Just no external lights people That includes side mount viewfinders.

Also there is a strong chance one CM said that with the way attendance has been high that COP could be open a good deal during the summer.

9-Eye

9-Eye

I'm a little bit confused. How is being able to record a "new" rule? When I rode CoP about 8 months ago, I didn't hear anything prohibiting recording, so I recorded the entire show on DV. The footage came out great, but I still need to ride it a few times (keep one show wide, one show close-ups, etc.) and then edit them all together. I did the same for Timekeeper, but have not had time to edit it yet, as I have numerous shows to cut between. Someday...

9-Eye

General Grizz

Filming isn't really big news..it's just clarification. Mainly because several CMs aren't really sure if you should or not...others do.

20,000...not as much as JIYI, but that's a lot. (One of those was me!!) Just wait till they get the petition.

Why move it overseas?!! That would be Paris or the China park...but this is the AMERICAN Family. It really needs to be in the US...

bearboysnc

The Ride speils only say "NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPY" it doesn't say NO PHOTOGRAPY. Up until recently you either needed a longer shutter speed(blurry pictures) or fast film. With some of the new digital cameras this isn't neccessary.

quote: That would be Paris or the China park...but this is the AMERICAN Family."

Disney Sea has a American Water Front, where CoP would fit right in.

General Grizz

That's true, but I think it will be more appreciated here...I mean this IS Walt....Walt Disney World needs it now that Walt Disney's Tiki Room's been ruined, LOL

Mr.Nutz

I am almost SURE that COP would not work outside of America. It's so American, it would not work well with a European audience. I love it, but when you're translating it into four languages and having everyone listen on headphones, as happens in Disneyland Paris, I don't think it would be good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom