Trip report 3/29 4/2

March 29th – April 2nd

Short report on an awesome trip with our 2 kids (4-7)!! We stayed in the Contemporary on the 12th floor Park Side.

Day 1- Magic Kingdom
11 Attractions
Lunch at Cinderella’s Table
Pool break at Hotel
Dinner at the Crystal Palace
Spectromatic Parade
Back to room to watch fireworks
Exhausted 

Day 2 – Epcot in the AM
Lunch at Coral Reef
Pool Break at Hotel
Back to the Magic Kingdom in the PM
Dinner at Ohana’s (not impressed)

Day 3 – Animal Kingdom in the AM
Loved the Safari
Lunch at Rain Forest Café
Back to the Magic Kingdom
Dinner at Chef Mickey’s
Illuminations

Day 4 – Magic Kingdom in AM
Afternoon at MGM
Dinner at Sci-Fi Drive-In
Fantasmic!!

Highlights…

The room! Watching the fireworks every night from our room was very cool and the castle is beautiful at night.
Ridding the Monorail in the drivers cab (My kids loved it)
11 Attractions in one day at MK – It’s good to have a plan
FASTPASS (Rocks)
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Mickey’s Philarmagic
Kilimanjaro Safaris

Downers…
$10 for 2 bags of Doritos’s and 2 drinks
$85 + for every sit down meal
My son hates loud noises and fast rides so no fun rides like Dinosaur or Splash Mountain 
The kids menus … every place was the same (Mac-n-cheese – hot dogs – cheese pizza) a little variety would be nice
Epcot and MGM – My kids found them boring
The crowds .. it was crazy in MK :mad:
Coming home to snow and rain :rolleyes:

Gotta fly, that's all for now.

-Henri

SnowWhite5669

Sounds like you had fun... I leave in exactly 50 hours!!! We are also staying at the Contemporary but in the garden wing... we have never stayed there before, any tips?

hbrady77

Original Poster
I talked to a guy who was staying in the garden wing while I was there. He said it was quiet but he wished he stayed in the tower, he tried to switch but couldn't. I will say you should sleep better than I did (The tower is a bit noisy).

Kids? Definitely do Chef Mickey's :) Young Kids ? Don't show them the arcade in the fun center. My son is 4 and he wanted to spend the whole trip (and all my money) there.

Oh yea.... one more thing (you may already know). Having to take time to do laundry is no fun! Next time I will pack all the cloths we need for the whole trip.

Bring a light jacket and some long pants too. It was a cool (and windy) 50 one morning.

HAVE A GREAT TIME !!!!! :D

-henri

MKCP 1985

Thanks for the update. I have a few questions if you don't mind.

Your kids thought MGM was boring? Did you take them to the Muppet-vision theater? Little Mermaid theater? They didn't think thaose shows were boring did they? Tough crowd! Take them back when they are old enough to appreciate Tower of Terror and Rock 'n Rollercoaster, and it will be different for all of you, I'm sure. Dis-MGM is not itself without those two attractions. They didn't think Fantasmic was boring did they?

A lot of EPCOT is boring to kids. Most kids, anyway. EPCOT Center is parents' revenge. "Go ride River of Time with your little brother while Daddy sips this margarita. In fact, ride it twice." There is a reason they sell drinks at EPCOT Center.

What was lacking at 'Ohanas? I'm eating there for the first time Friday night.

hbrady77

Original Poster
OK... Ohana's would have been cool for my wife an I but the kids did not eat much (I think they were just worn out to try new foods). I felt a bit rushed and my wife and daughter lost what little appetite they had when they saw the puke all over the ladies room floor (not much you can do about that). I was just a little ugly about dropping $90 when we only ate $5 worth of food and drank 1 margarita :)

MGM was our last day, once again, the kids were very tired so that made it difficult.

PlayhouseDisney Live, my son liked it but the 10 kids standing up in front of us (despite the requests to stay seated) meant he did not see much). My 7 year old was a little to old to enjoy it much. If Lizzy Maguire showed up she would have been thrilled.

The Little Mermaid was very cool.

Backlot Movie ride was closed :-(

Honey I shrunk the kids movie set was just a massive mob of kids going wild.

We never got near the Muppets show until 6PM and the cast member there said we better get to Fantasmic quick if we wanted a seat (she was right) so we missed the Muppets.

Fantasmic was AWESOME.

SCI-FI Drive-In was great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom