Trip Report - 12/19-12/21

Just got back and had a good time despite the cold weather:eek: . Got into Orlando at 10 on Friday and my fiancee and I were on to Pop Century.
What can I say about that resort? I absolutely loved it, it was larger than life. We got a room in the 50's area with a nice view of the bowling pin pool.
Started out the day with Epcot. We headed to Mission Space right away to get a fast pass. The park was very quiet, but yet I always seem to go there at night and at this time it was noonish. I was freaking out about mission space, just imagining the worst and ready to chicken out. But I knew I would be disappointed if I did. While waiting for the fast pass time to come, we got right on TT (singles line), and hit Maelstrom and El Rio del Tiempo.
So then it was time, and my heart was beating in my chest, and I was so jumpy, I couldn't sit still. Well I got on, no problem and we're off. With the launch, and feeling my face and throat squeeze back against the chair, I thought omg I am not going to make it, this is not good. So what was that, maybe 10 seconds. But I was fine, and a little disappointed. I felt there was too much hype for a simulator ride. I guess I would rather actually move around. Anyway enough of that, I actually wished I rode it again to get a second opinion.
After that we headed back to Pop Century to walk around and take pictures. My favorite parts of the resort: the Twister boards, the hippy dippy pool and the timeline in the lobby. Very cool!
We went back to Epcot, did SE, saw the tree lighting ceremony and shopped around the WS for awhile. We went to Beaches and Cream had some ice cream and froze some more waiting for Illuminations. After Illuminations, we went to JellyRolls until lack of sleep got the best of us.
More to come later...:xmas:

pocahontas79

Original Poster
Day two: Saturday the 21st.

Highlights of the day: Being at MK nearly alone at 11:15 pm, made for some nice pictures.

Got up to go to Disney-MGM for extra magic hour. We were able to do ToT and RnRC with no wait and went off to Chef Mickeys for breakfast. After breakfast, we caught the monorail to MK and spent some time looking at the 75 Mickeys. Inside MK, we got fast passes for Phil..., and got on HM. Philharmagic, I loved it, and actually I think something was not working, one of the smells, I guess I have to look back on what someone wrote about it. The park was pretty busy then and we were ready to relax after a long morning. After I got my Dole Whip, we left.
We went back to PC for a bit, it was still freezing, Saturday was around 60 high temp. Went to DD for dinner and back to the MK for the evening parade and Wishes. While Spectromagic was going on, we went on TTA, PotC, shopped, etc... After the parade, they turned on the bubbles and it was snowing on Main St. I actually wonder how often they do this during the holidays?:confused: We watched Wishes from the area right by the Partners statue. Beautiful...like I expected anything else. Got hit by some debris, big piece of cardboard, could have hurt someone if it was in their face. My advice: stand farther back:lol:
We waited on Main St. for the rest of the night to watch Spectro and to wait around for the closing message (by 11:15, they had not played it and we got too tired of waiting, oh well) It was nice to be alone in the park. The CM's get that place cleaned up pretty fast!

Random observations:
Stupid thing someone said-heard in PC lobby, CM asked guest which of the 4 theme parks she was going to... Guest said "The World, you know, Disney" To which the CM patiently answered, "you mean MK". I wouldn't have been so patient.

Cute thing someone said- heard in queue for RnRC- little girl to Dad while boarding- "Dad will you drive, I don't want to"

Overpriced gloves- Every store was selling generic black stretch (one size fits all!) gloves for 8 bucks a pair. That was just so wrong, I stuck my cold hands in my pocket all night.

Next day: Sunday- gotta leave already:(

Foolish Mortal

I love being one of the last people in the park !!! At least once a trip I do this. It's great to hear the background music without all the crowd noise. And i'm one of few (maybe not) guests who appreciates the architecure of Main St. No matter how many times i've seen it in the past, I will always walk both sides of the street examining every little nook and cranny from street level to building top. Plus reading the names on the windows.

Plus Disney's not going to make you walk back to your hotel. Never made a driver come get us specially, but i've probably been close.

pocahontas79

Original Poster
Sunday the 21st...
Had to get up early to check out and also to go back to the MK for extra magic hour. Got fast passes for SM, went on winnie the pooh's ride, peter pans flight, and BTMR and caught PHil... again- I liked it better than the first time. Definitely a hit.
Had 10 am breakfast reservations at the Dolphin at the new Fresh restaurant. I definitely recommend this to someone who wants an awesome buffet style breakfast without the characters. There were 4 chefs that made pancakes, pumpkin pancakes, french toast, waffles, eggs or omeletes fresh to order. They had a ton of pastries, fruit, potatoes, and sausage to help yourself to. Also they had fresh smoothies which I was not a fan of at all. One was detox with some strange ingredients, they had wheatgrass, etc...
From there it was off to DS to ride our favorites again. On ToT I was sitting next to a big man and his young son. As we started falling, that man was screaming like a little girl. It was hilarous, my fiancee thought it was me screaming. We had a good time laughing about that. Got on RnRC, Star Tours, GMR and then we left. Mears was supposed to pick us up at 3:20 in front of the hotel. We hung out waiting for them to come. Finally at 3:35, we called them to inquire and right then a bus pulls up. The man driving told us he was not picking up just dropping off. To make a long story noone came until 4, another couple waiting were in danger of missing their flight and we all were pretty mad. I have said it before that I wouldn't go with Mears again and I did and remember why I get frustated with that company. Good thing I will be 25 next year and can rent a car without extra costs.
So overall it was a pretty good trip, I would definitely go to PC again without a second thought, I loved the atmosphere alot including the music. It just gets you in the mood to sing and dance. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom