Trip Report 12/15/-12/19

Stellajack

Premium Member
Just wanted to post my trip report from last week. I flew down for a visit w/Mom and sister on 12/14 and we drove over to Orlando on 12/15. Checked into the (how else can I say it except AWESOME AT ANY TIME BUT ESPECIALLY CHRISTMASTIME) Animal Kingdom Lodge. Left late afternoon for MVMCP at Magic Kingdom where the temp was 39 F and boo chilly! What a perfect Christmas party it made. The snow fell, Victorian carolers sang, and the most beautiful Christmas Parade ever. I loved the smell of cinnamon and cookies from Chip 'n' Dale's float. Afterwards we did the Christmas show at the Diamond Horseshoe Review/Medicine Show and in between tried to catch all the activities at the Castle. The hot chocolate and cookies which were served just hit the spot.

Monday morning went to MGM-toured Animation studio, saw Beauty and the Beast, rode Tower of Terror w/sister (her first Tower drop ever!), did leisurely stroll around park- Hopped over to Magic Kingdom for SADCT parade, then boarded launch for Ft.Wilderness for the Hoop-De-Doo at 5 p.m. What a hoot! Took the launch back to Contemporary, caught the Monorail and rode up front with the driver over to EPCOT! Circling EPCOT with all the Christmas lights is indescribable, especially the synchronized lights between FW and WS. These are awesome!

Tuesday morning-went to Epcot where we tried to catch as many Storytellers as possible in World Showcase! Made pictures w/Masquerade and Statues in Italy-caught the Street Performers hilarious version of "A Christmas Carol" in UK (a fractured fairytale at the very least), Pretty much spent the day in WS. Had early dinner at St.Angel Inn prior to the Candlelight Processional. Now, let me stop here just a minute. This was without a doubt the most impressive and moving presentation of Christmas in song I have seen or heard (understanding, of course, that I am extremely biased concerning any presentation at Disney). Even here, though, Disney manages to insert laughter and merriment. Did anyone happen to notice the cellist just to the right of the conductor who 'acted up' for the entire presentation while not missing a single note? The CP is worth the Christmas trip alone.

Wednesday a.m. did Donald's breakfast at AK-the first table seated-and a great time was had by all. Here, we were asked if we would like to ride in the MJJP in the afternoon -on Mickey's float of all things! Ugh, YES! It was great fun. Everyone who was chosen for that parade had breakfast that morning at Donalds in AK.

Wednesday p.m. immediately after parade, hopped over to MGM (just barely) for Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights. You have to see this to believe it!

Sadly, on Thursday was checkout, then back to Punta Gorda, then on to beautiful Raleigh-Durham. Just when you think Disney can't outdo something, look out! ' Cause they always will.

figmentmom

Thanks for the trip report!

Our daughter graduated from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona on Saturday, Dec. 14th; we made a one-day trip to Disney on Sunday, the 15th. (We would have LOVED to stay longer, but my husband and I both had to be back at work in upstate New York:( )

We started the day at the MK, stayed there several hours, and then spend the afternoon and evening at EPCOT. We've never been there during the holidays before - it was less crowded than I had feared, but then again, we weren't there during the school break. The decorations were great, the music was outstanding, and it was WELL WORTH the trip! Glad you had such a great time - we did, too!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom