Trip Planning DVD

PurpleDragon

Have they made any changes to the Trip Planning DVD or is it still just recycled footage from the YoaMD "Disney Parks" promotion?

I miss the old planning DVDs that actually detailed each park and gave you in depth info on the most popular attractions, like the last one they did on 2005 (Erin, Stacey, Luke and Dave) back before the whole "Disney Parks" promotion started.

Anyone know?

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
Thats what I was afraid of. I was going to order one to get my kids excited about their first trip but the last one we got last year was garbage, it didn't say much of squat about the parks. It was just a bunch of interviews with actors and CMs with a few cutscenes from the parks thrown in. Not worth the effort, I'll just record the "WDW Behind The Scenes" show off the Travel channel. :p

Upvote 0

captainkidd

The only additional part was about the volunteering promo, but now that's over with so maybe they will replace it with something new?

Don't count on it. The DVD's still show old pics of rooms that were refurbed 5 or 6 years ago - See this Wilderness Lodge segment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ni10Mt-r24

Here's the thing about the DVD - I think Disney knows the majority of people ordering it don't even need it. They're just people like us who want our Disney TV fix. Therefore, they figure why put any effort into it?

Upvote 0

jeffk410

it has about 45 minutes of just the parks? actually the past 3 years have maybe you didnt watch the main show? But what bothers me is that they wont update the resorts grrr. Still shows just art of contemporary.

Upvote 0

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
Yes but its still the whole "Disney Parks" all-in-one promotion, and not strictly a Walt Disney World Resort planning DVD which is what bugs me. The last one I saw was filled with a bunch of cheesy actors "remembering special moments" and other garbage I really don't care about.

I just want to have a nice video showcasing the rides and attractions in the parks and giving ideas and tips of things to do in each park, not the over dramatized fluff they have on the current DVD.

EDIT: UberMouse, I just recorded the Walt Disney World Behind the Scenes show on my DVR, so I'll just show the kids that, even if it is about 2-3 years old now.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Yeah, those clips of CM's making dreams come true makes me want to gag. :hurl:

The limited amount of material they have on the resorts is shocking to me.

Upvote 0

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
Yeah, those clips of CM's making dreams come true makes me want to gag. :hurl:

The limited amount of material they have on the resorts is shocking to me.

Yeah its not so much a planning DVD is much as its a "Look at how much of a wonderful company we can be and all the fun stories we can share..........oh yeah we have parks too here's a 3 second clip of them". Its "lets blow smoke up our own a**" marketing fluff, that IMO leaves you knowing less about WDW than before you watched the DVD.:brick:

They need to bring back the original format of DVDs that actually inform you about all the ins and outs of the WDW resort and tells you about all the parks and things you can do while in WDW.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom