Trip advice required

Gumshoe

Hi, I'm going to WDW on 13th Feb 2002. I am reliably informed this is the last day of Value season. I believe that if i book on the 13th then all of my stay should be at Value rate. I intend to stay for ten days or so. The trouble is I have tried to book via the Expedia site and when I enter the 13th Feb to the 14th Feb it gives me £40 a night which is the value season rate I presume but when I enter the 13th Feb till the 23rd Feb it gives me £74 a night. Thats a big difference. Can anybody help?

tmli

I was a travel agent for a number of years and always found the opposite to be true. If your stay was spread over two 'seasons' you would pay two different rates. You also see this at hotels who have weekday and weekend rates. I would assume the Disney properties work the same way.

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Originally posted by Gumshoe
Hi, I'm going to WDW on 13th Feb 2002. I am reliably informed this is the last day of Value season. I believe that if i book on the 13th then all of my stay should be at Value rate. I intend to stay for ten days or so. The trouble is I have tried to book via the Expedia site and when I enter the 13th Feb to the 14th Feb it gives me £40 a night which is the value season rate I presume but when I enter the 13th Feb till the 23rd Feb it gives me £74 a night. Thats a big difference. Can anybody help?

Gumshoe, you are correct--WDW let's you maintain the rate for the "season" you were in when you arrived. Check out mousesavers.com for more specifics on how to get what you want. I ended up with a suite at the Swan for $99 by following the advice on that site! (and apparently, smiling at the front desk clerk at check-in doesn't hurt, either). ;)

Upvote 0

disneydentist

Originally posted by Gumshoe
My suggestion would be to cut out the middleman and book directly with Disney Central Reservations. This doesn't mean that you might not have to point out the policy to them since some are better than others, but you should be able to get things to work out as you figured.:D :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom