Tried the Cronut yesterday...

Mickey_777

Original Poster
It is ridiculously good. Disney needs to make this a permanent item at the refreshment port. You peel back layer upon layer of warm, buttery croissant on the inside while the outer layer is crispy with cinnamon and sugar. Get it!

durangojim

It is ridiculously good. Disney needs to make this a permanent item at the refreshment port. You peel back layer upon layer of warm, buttery croissant on the inside while the outer layer is crispy with cinnamon and sugar. Get it!

Looking forward to this next week!

Mickey_777

Original Poster
Pictures please!

But the description sounds very good, maybe they'll be there in 9 1/2 months!

I wanted to but I just had to dig in. I hope they're there by our next trip too. Good thing is Steve says they're permanent.

you can't just bite it like a donut. you take it apart and eat it slowly.

This sounds like a french crueller similar to the one dunkin donuts use to make....

just can't see DD churning out a product of this caliber

Mickey_777

Original Poster
9 1/2 months is the approximate amount of time you will spend in line waiting for the original cronut here in NYC.

I hope to be able to get some next time I go to NYC (and that lines arent absurd). Im also waiting for copycat cronuts to appear here in DC as well.

docdebbi

I tried it. It was good but nothing I would run back for. I also was not a fan of schoolbread either.

oh quirkle, you make me feel so normal

i couldn't wait to try schoolbread the first time after reading all the raves.........nah, just not for me. thanks!

BuddyThomas

I just read about that bakery. What is the name? I live inNYC.
It's the Dominique Ansel Bakery. A web search will provide their site address and an article in the LA Times about how the lunatics in this city are lining up at 6:30 in the morning even in these frostbite subzero temperatures.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's the Dominique Ansel Bakery. A web search will provide their site address and an article in the LA Times about how the lunatics in this city are lining up at 6:30 in the morning even in these frostbite subzero temperatures.
I had never heard of a cronut until about a month ago and now it seems it's mentioned everywhere I look.

They don't really look THAT good.

BuddyThomas

I had never heard of a cronut until about a month ago and now it seems it's mentioned everywhere I look.

They don't really look THAT good.
I couldn't agree more and I'm not standing in any line for a pastry, even if it is served to me in a solid gold box with a hundred dollar bill tied on as a bow. But people in NY will line up for ANYTHING. Shake Shack, Magnolia Bakery, etc. I've never understood it. I wonder if there will be long lines for it at WDW.

Magenta Panther

Never heard of "schoolbread" so I just googled it. OH MY GOD...

Norway-School-Bread-500x406.jpg

Another reason to visit Norway (besides Maelstrom). :hungry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom