trick to Universal? no fast pass!

rlaeromech

Original Poster
Hey all, I'm helping a family with their first trip to WDW and Univ.
I'm ok with guiding them through the world but not with Universal. Are there any tips to avoiding lines at Universal?

Example: At wdw, you can:
get there early
use fast pass
baby swap
go to certain areas at certain times of the day..
etc, etc.

Any tips on Universal and IoA

DisneyPrincess5

Yes there is actually!

Buying an Express Pass will help them cut lines faster, or it's free if they're going to be staying at a UO resort.
Check it out here: http://www.universalorlando.com/universal_express.html

We did it last trip and it was very helpful!!!
Because we did not stay at one of their hotels, I believe we payed close to $100 for 2 Express Passes but I could be wrong...don't remember exactly.

jonnyc

Hey all, I'm helping a family with their first trip to WDW and Univ.
I'm ok with guiding them through the world but not with Universal. Are there any tips to avoiding lines at Universal?

Example: At wdw, you can:
get there early
use fast pass
baby swap
go to certain areas at certain times of the day..
etc, etc.

Any tips on Universal and IoA

You can get an Express Pass for an extra fee (not sure about costs) and that lets you skip the lines once for selected attractions. Definately worth it on a busy day as you can hit the big rides a couple of times. If you go early enough you can queue for things such as Spiderman and the Hulk with 20 min queues, then go back later in the day and use your express pass.

I would say it depends on the time of year. If the lines on average are less than 30 minutes I wouldn't get the fast pass. Last I heard it runs $30 a person which gives you one "fast pass" line per ride for that day.

The upside is when I used it one time alot of the attendants weren't stamping that we were even using the fast pass. We got to ride Hulk 5 times in a row before another person finally stamped it making it so we couldn't get in that line. Several other rides did the same thing.. it was like the golden ticket that got us on more than just once. There is no guarantee this will happen; just depends on whose working.

I would say if you're limited on time, impatient, or the wait times are greather than 30 minutes per ride I would get it. It lets you get a guaranteed one quick line per ride for that day and you'll get through alot more. Then you can re-wait in the regular line for your "favorites" later on.

bayoutinkbelle

Unfortunately, the Express Passes are the only thing akin to Disney's FP. I say unfortunately because I think it's way too expensive and not a good value since you only can use it one time per attraction (those that take it and a lot do).

The prices differ, depending on what time of year you're buying for. Costs go from $19.99 to $45.99.

I probably will buy some because I'm going at the end of June/beginning of July and don't feel like waiting in the long lines. The price for that time period is $35.99. And I'll again voice my displeasure to guest relations.

You do get the Express Pass automatically when you stay on-site at Universal, which I usually do in October for HHN. I have trouble saying that it's free because I think Uni has less to offer at higher prices in the way of hotels.

Don't get me wrong. I love the parks and am excited about all the new stuff going on there. :D I just always have had a beef with the way Uni does the EPs.

nighttimewisher

The Single-Rider line is your friend! Use this to bypass the queues in a way that doesnt break the wait times. More often than not, you will at least be in the same car as family/friends

We use this all the time on the big rides like Spider-man and MIB. Big help

bayoutinkbelle

^^^^^

Could be, but you'd better be sure you're willing to be split up if it comes down to it.

I've done this also in the past, but haven't had much luck with it. Always seems that I get the one worker who doesn't understand the single-rider concept. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom