Treehouse villas @ Saratoga

macefamily

Original Poster
Heading down in one week for a spring break with the family. We were debating whether to stay at Animal Kingdom or Saratoga. My youngest fell in love with them a few years ago when we stayed there. Darrstar gave me some great advice about staying there. Does anyone else have some helpful hints or advice about the location or room quality ?

Grumpy06

We have stayed 3 times,I would recomend requesting a Treehouse next to the path that leads to the golf course and Grandstand,you’re across from the pool and a very short walk to the boat to DS
its about a 5 minute walk to the Grandstand bus stop which is first stop to and from the parks
its much faster to walk to Grandstand than to take the bus from Treehouse to Springs stop at main resort

CaptainAmerica

I wouldn't stay there unless 1) I really needed a lot of beds and 2) I had a rental car. The two bedroom villas at Old Key West are bigger, nicer, and cheaper.

MickeyCB

We stayed in Aug of 19. I found the tree houses to be very remote and waiting for a bus to the main building to be a pain.
We were very close to the gated end of the tree houses and simply called a ride share to there on several occasions to get to the parks.
They are very nice to stay in but I have a thing about snakes and kept looking out for one to show up on the way into our building every day.

dmw

In the Parks
No
We vacationed with one set of grandparents and our family of four (2 adults, 2 kids) and stayed in the treehouses, then a few years later vacationed with the other grandparents and stayed at AK.

We really enjoyed the kitchen, eating, living room area at the treehouses, and being all together. Our stay was pre-remodel (back in the days of the Disney Institute it still had the bunk beds in the "trunk" on the lower level). I agree that transportation from our unit was not always optimal. But, it's actually not much worse than the large moderates like CSR (which we also stayed at with extended family). The treehouse them is something our kids still talk about. It was very cool. Sadly, I think in the remodel some of the features (like the trunk in the middle of the main floor) have been removed.

For our stay at AK we splurged on the savanna view and requested (and received) connecting rooms. It was wonderful sitting on the balcony watching animals, but there was not room (or chairs) for six. And, no real area in the rooms to sit and relax together. We did bring a small microwave to heat some breakfast foods, but that is not as nice as having a small kitchen area. The pool at AK is awesome, as are the areas in which animals may be viewed. I think we all agreed that AK was better themed and more enjoyable overall, even without a place to relax together.

For our most recent extended family vacation (9 total - kids grown, plus one grandchild, and great grandparents) we stayed at CSR and decided that our prior vacations of trying to save $$$ by having some meals in the room was not worth the effort. We enjoyed the property even without a central area to relax together. Our together time was in the parks (at various meals and meet-ups) or dining at the resort. Buses can be a challenge at any resort with multiple stops.

So, if I were to chose today between the treehouses or AK, I would go with AK.

Have a great trip, regardless of where you stay!

CaptainAmerica

But, it's actually not much worse than the large moderates like CSR (which we also stayed at with extended family).
Worth noting here that with the Skyliner hub, CBR is now one of the most convenient resorts in terms of transportation. CSR and POR are the last two moderates with the similar inconveniences that you'll have at Saratoga Springs and Old Key West.

dmw

In the Parks
No
Worth noting here that with the Skyliner hub, CBR is now one of the most convenient resorts in terms of transportation. CSR and POR are the last two moderates with the similar inconveniences that you'll have at Saratoga Springs and Old Key West.
good point!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom