Tree of Life - does it seem less full?

Goofnut1980

Original Poster
I have a general question. Does anyone else think over the years the Tree of Life is thinning on top?? It seems like the ToL has lost leaves. It seems so sparse. Wouldn’t TDO replace those? Also the The leaves seem such a light green compared to years ago when they were dark green.

What does anyone else think?

donsullivan

Premium Member
This is likely the fact that the vinyl leaf colors fade over time making them look less dense. Every few years when they do a large refurb of the structure a lot of the leaves need to be replaced. They take a heck of a beating in the Florida sun.

Goofyernmost

It seems like I remember that it was always a different shade of green then the surrounding fauna. That was done intentionally, I believe, to make it stand out from the rest, to make it special and overpowering it's surroundings. I noticed that when I was working at Augusta National during the 2014 Masters. The grass there is grass, but it is a different shade of green than I have ever seen in nature. Mind boggling really.

I don't think it has lost any of the "fake" leaves other then possibly during heavy weather situations. Even then it would take a lot to dislodge them and I would think they would have been replaced if that happened. Just my opinion on all of the above. I have no inner connections telling me anything.

Cmdr_Crimson

I havent seen any TOL leaves listed for $300 on ebay yet so I’m gonna say it’s mostly all intact 😉

You had to look quick...
But looking at them closer they seem like your simplistic Artificial big leaf you can find at a Hobby Lobby and say it's the leaf from the ToL...

Maelstrom Troll

You had to look quick...
But looking at them closer they seem like your simplistic Artificial big leaf you can find at a Hobby Lobby and say it's the leaf from the ToL...

If only it came with a BIC signed, home printed COA....

JIMINYCR

This was from a site that posted various facts about the tree of life. Maybe when there was the upgrade they held back replacing some of the leaves???
4 – Like a real tree, the Tree of Life shed its leaves (sort of).
Well, maybe not exactly like a real tree, but the leaves on the Tree of Life were removed and upgraded to leaves that had LED lighting effects to prepare for the park having more of a nighttime presence. With 102,000 leaves to remove and get perfectly in place, this was definitely no small feat for the Imagineering team. However, the nighttime effects including the Tree of Life Awakenings are so amazing they proven the work well worth it.

peter11435

This was from a site that posted various facts about the tree of life. Maybe when there was the upgrade they held back replacing some of the leaves???
4 – Like a real tree, the Tree of Life shed its leaves (sort of).
Well, maybe not exactly like a real tree, but the leaves on the Tree of Life were removed and upgraded to leaves that had LED lighting effects to prepare for the park having more of a nighttime presence. With 102,000 leaves to remove and get perfectly in place, this was definitely no small feat for the Imagineering team. However, the nighttime effects including the Tree of Life Awakenings are so amazing they proven the work well worth it.
The leaves do not have any lighting effects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom