Trip Report Treat Yo Self! (within reason) LIVE-ish! **COMPLETE**

Who: Just me.
When: (Feb 4-9)
Why: To celebrate paying off my students loans.

If you’ve been following the pre-trip report, thanks so much for reading and for continuing the journey to this thread.

If you’re new to this part welcome!

I’m going to try a live-ish TR. With it being a solo trip I’ll have some downtime to post but I certainly don’t want to be one of “those people” on my phone the entire trip. (I’m already planning on wearing leggings so I don’t want multiple threads against me on the other forums.😂)

Tomorrow morning the trip begins. Just a few more hours of work. Then last minute packing and hanging out with DH and the doggo.

Just one more sleep!

Last edited:

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster
Woohoo safe travels!

Thanks. So far so good!

Have fun!

Will do! Thanks!

Following along! Our trips overlap, I arrive Wednesday. Safe travels and have a magical week!

It looks like we’re going to get some nice weather! Safe travels to you as well.

Can't wait to hear about your adventures... I would love a solo trip!

Thanks. I’m thinking this solo thing is going to be a ton of fun.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 1:

Nice drive to airport. Smooth TSA process. Spirit staff super friendly and organized.

Looked and sounded like most people on flight heading to Disney. A lot of first timers/non frequent travelers but also some Disney regulars.

Special travel pants:

Rare BES selfie:

There was young kicker behind me. I wasn’t concerned at all but the mom was which was nice. He was trying to be still but was also extremely excited about flying. When we started to descend he loudly exclaimed “We’re going down!” and the mom was trying trying to shush him. 😂

Oh. And the best part- I had the entire row to myself. 😎

Waiting for checked bag. (I didn’t DME tag due to my late resort switch).
Should have grabbed lunch first. This is taking forever.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
As a Northerner there could be only one lunch choice- the Lord’s chicken.

The line was busy (of course) otherwise I would have pleaded for more sauces.

DME area pretty empty.

No plane seat mates. No DME line buddies. Hmmm. Is it me?

Loaded to a DME bus pretty quickly. Waited for the bus to fill up for a bit and now we’re off!

No room text yet but have a room # in the app.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
This weather is the best. Currently high sixties and bit cloudy. It doesn’t hurt to breathe and I don’t have to wear double layers of anything.

Took me a minute to figure out why my room felt so big. I got a king sized bed!

Really enjoying the renovated POP rooms. I think it’s a better use of space. Was looking forward to trying out the Murphy bed but that’ll have to wait til May.

All freshened up and in route to a park.

Rista1313

This weather is the best. Currently high sixties and bit cloudy. It doesn’t hurt to breathe and I don’t have to wear double layers of anything.

Took me a minute to figure out why my room felt so big. I got a king sized bed!
View attachment 347725

Really enjoying the renovated POP rooms. I think it’s a better use of space. Was looking forward to trying out the Murphy bed but that’ll have to wait til May.

All freshened up and in route to a park.

Nice! We are staying at POP again in September, for the sole reason of the beds being so comfy!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 1 continued.

Where to first? Epcot! Why? I don’t think I’ve ever gone there first and it’s my favorite park

I had a special mission to accomplish right away. Time to upgrade to an AP in preparation for the May trip.

Moises in Guest Service did an awesome job upgrading my ticket to an AP. He was very thorough.

Next I meandered in search of a snack.

Taiyaki. Delicious. I love red bean.

Soon after I decided I needed a coffee or a drink drink or... both. It was a coffee and bourbon Festival drink. Pretty good. No pic as I was talking to DH.

Time for my first FP. Frozen Ever After. It was my first time. I say lateral move from Malestrom. 🤷🏻‍♀️Glad I no longer had to awkwardly sneak out of the Norway film.

Checked out the Stave Church Gallery. I think for the first time. Beautiful woodwork.

Next off to Mexico and visited those Caballeros.

First solo trip issue. On both WS boat rides I was assigned my own row and then the people who were supposed to be on the boat behind me got on my boat. I didn’t need or expect my own anything but it kind of irked the CMs and confused the next guests.

It’s early but I’m calling hop ons as a theme of the trip.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 1 evening:

M:S Green next. At first I was all: “Where is Gary Sinise?” Then: “Gina Torres!?! From Firefly?! Sorry Gary- you’re out.”

I did Colortopia in Innoventions on a whim. Cute- probably more so for a young family.

Almost did poutine for dinner then thought better of it. I was real tired and ended up with some I think sweet and sour chicken in Sushine Seasons. Better than the picture.

Used a senseless FP for SSE. Walked onto Nemo.

I think it was ice cream in France next.
Walked around Morocco. So beautiful. Can’t wait to check it out during the day.

Then Illuminations. Super tired but I wanted to see it for sure in case it doesn’t work out later in the week.

Very manageable crowds. Here’s my spot that I got less than 10 mins to show time:

Back to room in less than an hour from the end of Illuminations.

POP has the best bus music.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I did a solo trip in DLP last year and when I went on teacups I was initially alone, and then a CM had two 20 something girls get out of another teacup and put them in mine! At first we all awkwardly looked at each other and then said “this is kind of weird” but in the end it worked out well because our teacup was particularly hard to spin - I wouldn’t have been able to do it on my own. I did, however, get an entire boat to myself on Pirates - so I send you some pixie dust that you have something like that on your solo trip 😀

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom