Travelling with a 14 month old and bedtime.

bgraham34

For anyone who has taken their child around 14 months how have you handled bedtime. I took my son at 5 months and once 7pm came around he slept in the stroller and did not wake up during the fireworks. Now he is not as sound a sleeper as he once was. Did you guys just try to get them to sleep at their bedtime in the stroller or did you go back to your room.

Thanks.

WDWmazprty

Nope. Our girls pretty much slept if they were sleepy. My yougest one was about 2 years old and slept all the way through Wishes :lol: She was out!

Plus, we figure, we're on vacation; the most important thing for US anyway, was not the kids bedtime. Of course, you know how your kids are and what they need. But, if your son is like most kids his age, a day at the parks will tire him out and he'll sleep no matter what. :wave:

Upvote 0

dizzney

With our oldest and our twins, we always left the parks no later than one, did some naptime/downtime for a few hours and then returned. We always had the stoller and when they feel asleep they were out and it was fine.

I remember having our twins in the side by side stroller with lightup necklaces on sound asleep. The only policy we went by was if they were cranky we would go back to the villa. But sleeping in the stroller worked usually.

Upvote 0

Bri1121

The last time we went my son was 15 months. He actually did good napping in the stroller through out the day. We made it to the fireworks once- he was up. But usually we heading back 8:30-9. His bedtime at home was 7. If either kids got to cranky we definitely took a break!

Good luck

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Original Poster
Most night we will head back somewhere between 8-9 but one night we want to go see MVMCP. I just don't want to screw up his sleeping too much.

Upvote 0
My kids are now 5 and 7 and we pretty much still stick to regular bedtimes even at this point they go to be between 8-8:30. We are usually there for rope drop since they are up at 7, so it makes for a long day. We haven't done the MVMCP with them b/c to us a good nights sleep was more important and they would just not have lasted. This year we are trying the MNSSHP, my 7 year old son should have no problem but my daughter is out like a light every night at 8 so this is why we are contemplating a stroller for that night only. I say do what you feel is right just don't push the kids to their breaking point, it won't make for a pleasant night.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

I took my daughter at 14 mths and even though she had a schedule at home she did fine sleeping in the stroller. I don't know if it's the heat or the extra activity but it has a way of knocking them out. At 14 mths she was down to one nap a day at home but when we hit Disney she ended taking two naps a day and going to bed a little later. We were fine with this as long as she was a content and happy baby.

I found she would take a little snooze in the morning before lunch and then another nap later in the afternoon (close to dinner time somedays). Sometimes she had her afternoon nap back at the resort but sometimes it was in the stroller. And then she would just fall asleep whenever in the evening. Some evenings she was up until we got back to the room other evenings she passed out in the stroller. Either way she was a well rested baby and in a good mood the whole trip. It took a couple days to get her back on track at home but nothing serious. Before long she was back to her afternoon nap and regular bedtime.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom