Traveling from Poly to AKL... best way?

The4mousekeeters

Hey there - what is the best way to travel from the Poly to AKL (we have an ADR at Sanaa for dinner one night)? Headed down next week, so no monorail yet.

I'm thinking uber, but don't want to spend $ to do so unless that's the best bet. Thoughts?

TIA!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Resort-to-resort without a car is such a pain that I generally say it's not worth it, honestly. Especially at night... with kids... Maybe yours don't have a crabby time in the evenings, but the last thing I feel like doing after a nice dinner is spend an hour on public transportation commuting back to my hotel with kids who are approaching bed time.

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

We LOVE Sanaa, great choice for dinner…Enjoy!!!
We take the bus from our resort to AK, then hop on the bus going to AKL.

The trip from AK to AKL is super quick. Hopefully they’ll seat you close to the windows so you have an up front view of the savanna while you eat. Make sure to explore the resort, it’s beautiful!!

Upvote 0

bee

Lyft/Uber is certainly your fastest, easiest, and most direct option. If time is of the essence, just pay the $10-15 for peace of mind. When I have resort meals planned into my trip, I always budget for a few Lyft rides. You could even take Disney transportation there and then Lyft to your resort, or vice versa, depending on the timing.

That said, if you have lots of time to spare and really don't want to spend extra money, either take the bus from the Poly to AK then AK to AKL, or boat or monorail (via TTC) to MK then bus to AKL. If you leave early and it takes a long time, at least you allowed enough time to get there. If you leave early and the transportation gods smile upon and you get to AKL early, it's not the worst thing to have some extra time to enjoy the lobby and the animals.

Upvote 0

JohnD

This or take the boat to the MK and get a bus. You could also take a bus from the Poly to the AK and get the Lodge bus from there.

Agree to both. Poly has the luxury of having multiple options to MK. So either walk to TTC then the monorail to MK or the boat to MK. The bus from MK to AKL. To make it more interesting, after the bus stretch both ways, whichever one you started with (monorail or boat), do the opposite on the return.

Upvote 0

The4mousekeeters

Original Poster
Thank you guys so much! Such great info! We usually drive and have our car but we’re flying this time so it’s thrown me for a loop! Great feedback and so appreciated!
Walk to TTC, hop the monorail to MK, then walk to the bus corral for the AKL bus. Reverse to get back to the Poly.

This or take the boat to the MK and get a bus. You could also take a bus from the Poly to the AK and get the Lodge bus from there.

Resort-to-resort without a car is such a pain that I generally say it's not worth it, honestly. Especially at night... with kids... Maybe yours don't have a crabby time in the evenings, but the last thing I feel like doing after a nice dinner is spend an hour on public transportation commuting back to my hotel with kids who are approaching bed time.

We LOVE Sanaa, great choice for dinner…Enjoy!!!
We take the bus from our resort to AK, then hop on the bus going to AKL.

The trip from AK to AKL is super quick. Hopefully they’ll seat you close to the windows so you have an up front view of the savanna while you eat. Make sure to explore the resort, it’s beautiful!!

Lyft/Uber is certainly your fastest, easiest, and most direct option. If time is of the essence, just pay the $10-15 for peace of mind. When I have resort meals planned into my trip, I always budget for a few Lyft rides. You could even take Disney transportation there and then Lyft to your resort, or vice versa, depending on the timing.

That said, if you have lots of time to spare and really don't want to spend extra money, either take the bus from the Poly to AK then AK to AKL, or boat or monorail (via TTC) to MK then bus to AKL. If you leave early and it takes a long time, at least you allowed enough time to get there. If you leave early and the transportation gods smile upon and you get to AKL early, it's not the worst thing to have some extra time to enjoy the lobby and the animals.

I second the idea of taking the boat to MK, then getting on a bus to the AKL, enjoy the POLY it is amazin

Agree to both. Poly has the luxury of having multiple options to MK. So either walk to TTC then the monorail to MK or the boat to MK. The bus from MK to AKL. To make it more interesting, after the bus stretch both ways, whichever one you started with (monorail or boat), do the opposite on the return.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom