Travel Insurance

GJM724

Happy New Year Everyone!

Does anyone have any recommendations on Travel Insurance? Apparently, I can't buy any through Disney since my room is booked with their group dept. (Magical Vacations Travel). The reason I ask is that my grandmother is 93 and I nervous something might happen to her during the trip or right before it. We also booked our flight using miles so I wanted to make sure we were covered in case something does happen. Not really worried about the Medical coverage.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Check your Credit Card policy. Mine has really good trip insurance that is applied automatically to any trip I pay for with the card. It can also be added to with supplemental coverage if it's not covering enough.

The only time I buy any other insurance is for cruises, simply because any other coverage tends to not be enough for medical evacuation at sea.

Upvote 0

LeighM

Thanks! I only saw that for cruise quotes, but I will dig a little deeper!

It's definitely available for other policies, just make sure you have the button checked for it. Sometimes though it isn't available if too many days have gone by from the time you booked the trip. When something came up for my husband's job, he had to file a claim to be reimbursed plane tickets. It was a smooth process.

Upvote 0

GJM724

Original Poster
It's definitely available for other policies, just make sure you have the button checked for it. Sometimes though it isn't available if too many days have gone by from the time you booked the trip. When something came up for my husband's job, he had to file a claim to be reimbursed plane tickets. It was a smooth process.

Any idea how that would work with reward tickets? Do they just give us money or money to purchase miles?

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We've been pleased with TravelGuard (through AIG) for our past trips. (Cancel-for-any-reason coverage is available through TravelGuard, but you have to purchase it within 15 days of your initial trip deposit, among other restrictions...)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom