Travel from Pop Century resort to Universal

cloe111479

Original Poster
We are planning a trip in October and are taking a day out of our WDW plans for Wizarding world. We are flying and will not be getting a rental car. Is the best option a taxi or is there other services?

Any help is appreciated!

nepalostparks

You have several options.

A taxi ride will be direct, but will cost you somewhere in neighborhood of $40 to 50 dollars one way (+ tip).

Mears offers a shared shuttle service (by bus or van) which runs around $20 per person round trip. The trade off is you will likely make several stops around Disney before heading to Universal, and the times for pick up/drop off might not leave you the full day at Universal. Getting there early to beat the crowds for Harry Potter is important.

I don't know how many people you have in your party, but your best option might be renting a car for the one or two days through Alamo, which is on site at the Car Car Center near Magic Kingdom. They are open 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday thru Friday, and 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the weekends. They also offer a free shuttle from your Disney resort to the center and back. Since you are going in October, you should be able to get a decent rate. Check out mousesavers.com for different discount codes - and keep checking right up until you leave, as you don't have to pay up front (or even put a credit card in) for rental car reservations. Just keep cancelling and rebooking at a better rate.

Hope this helps!

wdwmonster089

Just did this

We just did this past weekend. The man at the front desk of POP told us that the best bet was to take public transportation from downtown disney. Well the public transportation never showed up. We took a cab, it was 35 dollars each way. It was quick and easy and WELL worth it. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was AMAZING! You really should go, and i find renting a car to be a hassle, but the choice is yours. :)

jonnyc

I will also be doing this in Septemeber for the first time, so my question is: Do you need to book the taxis before hand or the morning of the day or will there just be taxis at the resort to jump into?

wdwmonster089

I will also be doing this in Septemeber for the first time, so my question is: Do you need to book the taxis before hand or the morning of the day or will there just be taxis at the resort to jump into?

Their will be a guy at pop to get you a cab and then there is a taxi booth outside of universal. it is very easy to follow the signs at universal.

cloe111479

Original Poster
Thanks for the info everyone! I figured the easiest way was a taxi but wanted to make sure there was nothing I was overlooking,

:wave:

Minnie1976

Call Mears. They were great. Also when we did it my husband had to transport the scooter we were renting. Mears was wonderful.

phillyfan77

Just a reminder we also offer service between Disney and Universal.
Please visit our website for rates at www.quicksilvertransportation.com

Have a great day. :animwink:

We used Quicksilver last December from Pop Century to Universal and it was great! The driver was ontime in a vehicle larger than we requested, and there was also no issues when we had to change our return time from Universal a couple hours before the park was to close. Just a quick phone call to Quicksilver and our return time was confimed with the driver. Highly recommended!

CaptainShortty

The number for the company Disney uses is 407-422-2222. The front desk can call for you or you can call yourself. You can just call the morning of. They float around Disney property at all hours so you shouldn't have a problem getting one within a half hour max.

You can buy a two-park, one-day admission to Universal and they will pick you up at your resort and drop you at the front of the park. At the end of the day, they will pick you up, but you have to call about an hour prior to let them know.

It's pretty steep--around $135, I believe? The transportation is free, in theory but a two-park "hopper" at Uni isn't really that usable since it would be hard to cover both parks in one day, so you're basically paying for the ride as a regular one-park ticket is around $85. It might be better to check out one of the services listed above.

MRC111781

You can buy a two-park, one-day admission to Universal and they will pick you up at your resort and drop you at the front of the park. At the end of the day, they will pick you up, but you have to call about an hour prior to let them know.

How do you get this offer? I was on the universal website and did not see this.

WDW_Princess24

I did this last Feb and took public transportation from the TTC. We took the Lynx bus which dropped us off right in the parking lot by City Walk. I'm sure this takes a little longer than a taxi but it is also much cheaper. One way fare is only $2 per person.

http://www.golynx.com

MissMinnieMouse

Hello Everyone!
My spouse and I are returning to Disney World in mid october this year! I'm so excited!!
We are staying at the Pop Century and we are using one day out of our trip to go to Universal for Wizarding World. :)
We're trying to figure out the best way to get to Univeral Islands of Adventure - shortest route possible, but also not to break the bank. We're not renting a car, so we're trying to find what company would be best. I've been reading up on the threads here and I see Taxi, Public Transport, Mears, and Sterling seem to be the ways to go.
For two people to get to and from WDW/Universal and back, which would be a better choice for us? I saw that Downtown is closer by a few minutes to Universal, but I didn't want to wake up and travel to a different location, just to get to another location. :p Also, with the taxi service, is it $35-$40 per ride or is it per person for each ride?
Thanks in advance!

deb4him40

When my cousin and I went in 2010, we had the concierge at POP reserve seats on a shuttle to Universal. They picked up at right at the hotel and brought us back later in the afternoon. I think the cost was $18 roundtrip.

MissMinnieMouse

Did it take long to get picked up or get to Universal? You called to get a reservation with seats the day of or in advance? Do you remember which concierge it was?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom