Travel between Yacht Club and POFQ?

SyracuseOrange

Original Poster
What's the best method of transportation between Yacht Club and POFQ? I don't mind walking if that's an option. (Follow-up: What's the best method from POFQ to DHS?) Thanks in advance!

jakeman

If you have park tickets the quickest might be walking through the back of Epcot to the front and getting a bus.

The only other way would be bus from Yacht Club to DTD then bus or boat to POFQ.

There is always of course a taxi which would be the fastest.

SyracuseOrange

Original Poster
If you have park tickets the quickest might be walking through the back of Epcot to the front and getting a bus.

The only other way would be bus from Yacht Club to DTD then bus or boat to POFQ.

There is always of course a taxi which would be the fastest.
I have an AP. So, I enter through International Gateway, walk to the front, and grab a bus to POFQ?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Walk or take the boat to DHS and then take the bus to PORS. You would just reverse the process to get back. If you are pressed for time a taxi can have you there in about 15 minutes tops.

Last edited:

journ116

Another option: take the water taxi or walk over to DHS, pick up a bus to POFQ, then a bus back to DHS, and finally, take a water taxi or walk back to your resort. I would allot at least an hour of travel time (from waiting for your respective mode of transportation to the actual destination arrival), so plan accordingly.

jakeman

I have an AP. So, I enter through International Gateway, walk to the front, and grab a bus to POFQ?
Yep or the DHS route. I forgot about that. You could map the walk to see which is shorter. I've beat the boat walking at a moderate pace every time, so I personally wouldn't take it, but it is an option.

SyracuseOrange

Original Poster
Yep or the DHS route. I forgot about that. You could map the walk to see which is shorter. I've beat the boat walking at a moderate pace every time, so I personally wouldn't take it, but it is an option.
Yeah, I walk pretty quickly so I probably wouldn't take the boat. Any idea which is faster: Walking back to DHS and taking a bus to POFQ, or walking through EPCOT (getting my bag checked by security on the way in) and then getting a bus? I'm tempted to do DHS just to avoid bag check, but EPCOT is on the way, so it cuts down on distance...

journ116

Yeah, I walk pretty quickly so I probably wouldn't take the boat. Any idea which is faster: Walking back to DHS and taking a bus to POFQ, or walking through EPCOT (getting my bag checked by security on the way in) and then getting a bus? I'm tempted to do DHS just to avoid bag check, but EPCOT is on the way, so it cuts down on distance...
Although EP may be closer, you still have to walk thru WS, FW and out to the bus depot. Honestly, I think DHS is closer and might be faster because you don't have the distraction of walking thru EP (i.e. "oooh, that looks good, I'll just stop a moment and take a peek" ;) ) Whenever we stay at BCV or BWV, we ALWAYS walk to EP and DHS...we even timed a friendship boat leaving DHS to EP; we beat it by almost 5 min. walking at a moderate pace!

If you're in a hurry, I say walk to DHS and follow that route.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Walking to DHS is a little shorter and there are no turnstiles or bag checks to go through so it is the faster option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom