Trattoria al Forno character breakfast

blobula

Original Poster
Hello,

I was curious if anyone had experienced the character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk? Planning a day at Epcot and thought this might be an excellend place to go in the morning before heading over since it's within walking distance. It's also a must as my kids favorites are Rapunzel and Flynn Rider.

Thanks!

Matt and Kelly

We ate there in December and loved it! We were staying at the Beach club so it was a nice quick walk. Our girls are 5 and 7 so of course they were thrilled. I found the characters spent a good amount of time with them and they do a little parade throughout the restaurant. Ariel actually can and grabbed the girls hands and walked with them hand in hand the whole parade. Plus the food was pretty good which is always a bonus.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
We ate there in September. The food was good and the kids liked the character M&G. Like a previous poster said, they did not rush the characters through.

My family has eaten there more than 5 times and will be having breakfast there again in April on our Spring Break trip. Endless to say we love the breakfast and interaction with the characters. One of the best character dining experiences at Disney....Enjoy!!!

MotherofaPrincessLover

We ate there last September. We waited over an hour to be seated and had very slow service. I understand things like that happen so I didn't let it ruin our time. I can't remember much about the food, I'm sure it was fine. My kids really enjoyed meeting the characters so that's really what counts for character meals.

blobula

Original Poster
So I take it even with a reservation you may not be seated at that exact time. An hour past seems crazy but think I’d understand as well.

Mrhappyplace

My wife and I had breakfast at Trattoria al Forno last May. The only wait we had was for them to decide they were ready to open as we arrived a couple of minutes before opening time. I found the food to be surprisingly good, I am not much of a breakfast person but this was a really good breakfast.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Food-wise, the best character breakfast I've had at WDW.

The four characters come around individually and fun to talk to (except Eric, but that's because his character is inherently uninteresting, IMO). Be ready to know and say what your dream is.

And I say this because it's so often a problem at Disney restaurants: it wasn't loud.

crawale

Hello,

I was curious if anyone had experienced the character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk? Planning a day at Epcot and thought this might be an excellend place to go in the morning before heading over since it's within walking distance. It's also a must as my kids favorites are Rapunzel and Flynn Rider.

Thanks!
I took my grandsons - 7,6 and 2 last Fall and they loved it. Wait staff were excellent - 2 year old made quite a mess. The characters had plenty of time for the boys and the venue was not cramped as in some character meals. Boys especially loved the unusual pastry basket - refilled with no problem.

Smiley/OCD

We were there in early November for the first time...you MUST get the King Triton's Shipwreck al Forno!!! It's a calzone filled with eggs, peppers, salami, bacon, sausage and cheeses with what they call "Sunday gravy" otherwise known as tomato sauce...it was one of my two favorite B'fasts at WDW (the other being Pooh's Puffed French Toast from Crystal Palace). Characters were good, but the food was awesome!!! Lots of protein to walk around the parks....DON'T MISS IT!!!

dreamfinder

So I take it even with a reservation you may not be seated at that exact time. An hour past seems crazy but think I’d understand as well.

Correct, there are very few restaurants that will hold a table for a given time, usually only ones with set seatings. Otherwise its more based off the fact they have X tables that can seat a party of the size you request, and they know that a party usually takes Y minutes to complete their meal and let them turn the table. So delays in turning the table for any reason will mean someone will most likely end up being seated past their time. Someone stretches out their meal, kitchen has issues for whatever reason, you ask for a certain type of table etc, all that can add to your wait. Yeah, 60 minutes is a bit much, but 5-15 minutes is completely in reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom