Transportation Transformation

WED99

Original Poster
Imagineering can involve a lot more than designing attractions. One often overlooked aspect is transport. Why is a train ride around Disneyland so fun, but a bus ride to Magic Kingdom is so boring? Because the transport at WDW currently lacks the thought and imagination put into every attraction in the parks.

So lets do some imagining for a minute (it's why we are on this board isn't it?). Lets imagine that the head of transportation at WDW is reading this thread right now. He is looking for ideas on how to spice up the concept of getting someone from point A to point B. What ideas would you give him, as crazy or sane as they are?

Lets transform the convenience of WDW transport into an experience every time you ride! Enjoy ;)

MA Screamin'

This is probably unfeasible, but I'd still love to have it. How about an individualized People Mover is introduced. The guest's Magic Band and RDIF technology would tell the vehicle where you are planning to go, and if you need to, you can switch or change your destination at a terminal in the car.

So, once you begin your vacation, and check into your hotel (must be on Disney property), the attendant prepares your People Mover car for your vacation. Adding a little fun to your transportation, using AI and information you personalize (color, gender, and name, etc.) your car is kind of like your pet for the vacation. He'll crack jokes and talk to you about your vacation, and you can even ask him questions about themselves, and about the parks and such. Luxuries like a small snackbar, and TVs can be available.

All vehicles would work like the WED Way, and their terminal would be located around the Monorail and/or bus stations.

WED99

Original Poster
This is probably unfeasible, but I'd still love to have it. How about an individualized People Mover is introduced. The guest's Magic Band and RDIF technology would tell the vehicle where you are planning to go, and if you need to, you can switch or change your destination at a terminal in the car.

So, once you begin your vacation, and check into your hotel (must be on Disney property), the attendant prepares your People Mover car for your vacation. Adding a little fun to your transportation, using AI and information you personalize (color, gender, and name, etc.) your car is kind of like your pet for the vacation. He'll crack jokes and talk to you about your vacation, and you can even ask him questions about themselves, and about the parks and such. Luxuries like a small snackbar, and TVs can be available.

All vehicles would work like the WED Way, and their terminal would be located around the Monorail and/or bus stations.
If the speed was increased from current versions I can see it being very feasible. Money would be an issue (repairs, maitanence) but that doesn't make it impossible. I'd love to be able to take a peoplemover to the places on property that buses don't support.

Great idea!

Big C 73

Here's one map I created for the monorail, I shall elaborate further on this subject at a later time. There are also some revisions that may be made.

ms

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom