Transportation to universal studios from disney

tcpaint

Original Poster
Hi, We are staying @ the Art of Animation. We would like to go to Universal for one day. Any suggestions for transportation for 16 people. Thanks

Weather_Lady

We've done a few split stays where we switch from WDW to Universal (or vice versa) mid-week. We've always used rideshares, but it's just 4 of us, with no need for car seats, boosters, etc.

With a group that large, I'd either split up and take 3 XL rideshares, or call Mears (or any other private transportation company you trust) and price out vans/buses.

Rob562

Mears "executive vans" say they accommodate up to 13 people. So even there you're looking at two vehicles.

The Uber site's price estimate for a single Uber XL is about $30 one-way. And an XL accommodates up to 6 people. So I agree with the above. Have three "group leaders" order three Uber XLs and split up 6-5-5. Three $30 Uber XL's is under $6 per person one-way (plus tip).

One suggestion: I've been in a few XL's where 6 people is a real squeeze, and once where there was maybe room for 5 1/2 people and we would've been in trouble if we'd had a 6th person. Have one person who's ok travelling with any of the groups be ready to jump in the first vehicle that arrives that can comfortably fit 6 people. That way you won't be stressing if you've got 6 people waiting for the 3rd Uber and what rolls up will be tricky to accommodate all of you.

Oh, and make sure you have a plan of where everyone will be meeting at the other end, since you'll be in three separate vehicles. At the rideshare dropoff point? At the main security hub?

An additional question: Will anyone need a car seat? That will complicate things...

-Rob

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Rent a party bus?
Like this?
1665521180553.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom