transportation question

duchess1576

Original Poster
my family and i are staying at the sports-themed resort. we did not plan on renting a car because we assume that there's transportation available to and from all the parks. are we right to assume this? does the monorail go from animal kingdom to magic kingdom, epcot and mgm? or are there shuttle buses? do the buses or monorail cost anything?

we're having a car and driver (quicksilver) pick us up at the airport and bring us to our resort. after we leave, we rented a car from the alamo car center right at disney world and we're driving to visit friends in fort meyers and flying home from there. i just want to make sure there's nothing wrong with our plans and we're prepared for everything and nothing unexpected is gonna ruin our plans. does this all sound okay?

scorp111

Yes, there will be busses from your resort to the 4 WDW parks as well as being able to make connections for Downtown Disney or the WaterPark. These are all complimentary to WDW resort guests.

The Monorail actually only connect the Magic Kingdom, the Ticket and Transportation Center, and EPCOT with a special loop that stops at the Contemporary, Grand Floridian, and Polynesian resorts. It too is complimentary for Ticket Holders.

Enjoy your trip!

Yellow Shoes

You will be fine without a rental car while you're at WDW.

The monorail makes a loop to the Magic Kingdom resorts--Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian. At the Transportation and Ticket Center you can catch a monorail to Epcot.

All of your Disney transportation from All Star Sports will be by bus. I personally have no problems with them. Remember to pack your good humor and common sense and you will be fine. It's pretty much a no-brainer that after the MK fireworks there will be a mass exodus to the busses. You WILL have a long wait at closing. Everyone does. Make your peace with that.

There is no charge for using the Disney transportation system. You will not be using the monorail for your regular park getting around, but you are welcome to ride it just for fun. I like to get on it at the Magic Kingdom and do the loop around the lake (or take it to Chef Mickey's or 'Ohana for dinner). I also love the Epcot route because you are riding above Future World.

Nansafan

Your questions have been answered by the above, I just wanted to comment on Quicksilver. We've used them our last 2 trips and they were great!

Laura

Premium Member
You said you're having quicksilver pick you up and bring you to the resort, however, last I knew Disney was now including free shuttle service from the airport to the resorts. You might want to check into that and save some money!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom