Transportation opinions from All star

electric

Original Poster
I’m talking my wife and kids to WDW for the first time in November of this year. I’ve been numerous times before this. Im trying to decide whether to take the bus to magic kingdom or drive to TTC and take the monorail over. I love the monorail and I’m sure they would too. It’s more magical than a standard bus ride. Does anyone know the monorail wait times and crowds for early November? Which would be more efficient?

KDM31091

The bus to the Magic Kingdom from All Stars felt like a long ride to me. The monorail may not be quicker by the time you wait in line though. It really depends. Sorry, not the most helpful response 🤣

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Parking at TTC and riding Monorail or Ferry to MK can easily take 40+ minutes in itself. Bus will bypass TTC and take you to MK. Sure you still have to wait for a bus, but unless it’s a real busy day, bus will likely be quicker still

graphite1326

I would take the bus. One tradition we always do. We take one day and go to MK in the morning and then catch the monorail to EPCOT. You have to switch monorails at TTC but it's still fun.

LUVofDIS

The only benefit I see with driving to the TTC would be going through the MK entrance. To get this with the bus you would have to be right up front. Other than that I would say driving yourself would be less beneficial.

As for crowds, the beginning of November can be less busy than most other times, the week of Thanksgiving can be very busy and the last week of November can be less busy. We usually visit somewhere between the Sunday after Thanksgiving and the middle of December. We have notice this time frame has increased in crowds since 2013.

begood524

If you are staying at All-Stars, drive. The bus lines at All-Stars are absolutely horrendous and you're basically going from the south end of the resort all the way to the north so it takes a while. As far as from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom, consider the ferry if the monorail line is long; it has great views of the park and the surrounding resorts

wendysue

I would take the bus. Monorail can be interesting, once. We haven't used the monorail for awhile due to how dirty it was and it smelled like it's used for a bathroom. :(

Mickey5150

Ever since Disney fixed the roads to and from the MK the bus ride is a lot faster. Currently in WDW, staying at All-Star Sports and the bus rides for MK are about 15 minutes. Actually every bus ride besides Disney Springs has been 15 minutes. People criticize Disney for lack of expansion within the parks but if you look at the amount of work they have been doing on the roads recently it has been a serious undertaking to make it easier for us to travel around WDW.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
If you want your kids and wife first experience of entering MK to be proper, I would take a Minnie Van to one of the monorail resorts (Polynesian) and board the monorail there so they can ride it into MK. If it is their first time, it would be well worth it to make that first impression a lasting one.

The Minnie Van is $25 but IMO the drivers do an AMAZING job of making it fun for the kids by tuning the radio into MK music for the ride and pointing out all the "Disney" features inside the car. You could take Uber or Lyft and save a few bucks as well and still have the Monorail ride from the resorts to MK. Much faster and more convenient than driving to TTC, parking, and getting to the monorail on foot or tram.

DisneyJoe

The Minnie Van is $25 but IMO the drivers do an AMAZING job of making it fun for the kids by tuning the radio into MK music for the ride and pointing out all the "Disney" features inside the car. You could take Uber or Lyft and save a few bucks as well and still have the Monorail ride from the resorts to MK. Much faster and more convenient than driving to TTC, parking, and getting to the monorail on foot or tram.
Minnie Van pricing is now $15 + a per mile fee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom