Transportation from PO to IOA help!?

cheshiredude

Original Poster
Hey guys,

Does anybody have an idea of how I can get from Port Orleans to IOA without having to rent a car. We thought of a taxi for the last ersort but Iknow the last time I was in WDW they had a bus/shuttle service from Carribean Beach resort to IOA but that was back in 99. Any ideas or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Mears and Quicksilver (a WDWMagic sponsor) offer transportation services to the Universal Orlando Resort.

A taxi will probably cost $30 or $40.

lukacseven

I like to go with a taxi. Unless you have a large party (say 8-10 people), you will likely be going to pick-up other people at other resorts and possibly at other times and taking them to locations other than IOA/Univ. I had several bad experiences with Mears - one in particular where I scheduled a pick-up a hour prior to IOA opening and I sat in the van until a family of 4 finished their breakfast, then we went to pick up another party and made drop-offs at Sea World and at Wet N' Wild. Needless to say I arrived an hour after opening at IOA. And upon return using Mears you had to select one of the pre-determined pick-up times which don't allow you to stay later in the park(s). So, take a cab. Remember, you pay only a fare for the car, not a per/person charge and you get picked up and dropped off with no additional stops, whenever you want. I have never tried Quicksilver, but have read some favorable things about them in other forums.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom