Transportation from Long Beach Airport

materbuddy

Original Poster
We are going to DL in February and are flying into Long Beach Airport. What is the best way to get to DL from the airport. I already know that the Disneyland Express does not operate there.

Curious Constance

We always fly into Long Beach too, and have always used SuperShuttle. It's about $120 round trip or so for my family of four. Haven't had any issues.

vancee

Does Uber operate at Long Beach anymore? I heard something about them stopping Uber from operating there. I always took Disneyland Express for John Wayne or LAX (bought a round trip) and now only use Uber because it is WAY cheaper AND faster. Disneyland Express takes forever dropping everyone off at different spots.

Darkbeer1

SSG

D

Deleted member 107043

Just do a taxi or Uber/Lyft. The airport shuttles, with their multiple stops, are not worth the trouble for a 20 minute ride IMO.

D

Deleted member 107043

Just for fun I plugged in a ride from LGB to Disneyland Park in the Lyft app and the fare is $24.63. Can't beat that for door-to-door service.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkbeer1

Just for fun I plugged in a ride from LGB to Disneyland Park in the Lyft app and the fair is $24.63. Can't beat that for door-to-door service.

Drawback is having to wait, while Taxi's are right there, with enough room for everyone and their luggage, plus you know the drivers are safe and fully insured and inspected.

I hate the fact that Uber/Lyft get around the ADA laws. I use Yellow Cab a lot since my coma, and they can take wheelchairs. They even have a special app to book accessible rides.

D

Deleted member 107043

Drawback is having to wait, while Taxi's are right there, with enough room for everyone and their luggage, plus you know the drivers are safe and fully insured and inspected.

It's currently 7:49pm in Long Beach and the estimated drop off time at DLR is 8:11pm, so maybe there is a wait, but it's not long. A taxi is a good choice too, but I prefer ride shares. I took a cab home from SFO yesterday and the cabbie couldn't have been nicer, but his car was dirty inside, smelled of old carpet and cigarettes, and cost almost twice as much as a Lyft.

Last edited by a moderator:

vancee

It's currently 7:49pm in Long Beach and the estimated drop off time at DLR is 8:11pm, so maybe there is a wait, but it's not long. A taxi is a good choice too, but I prefer ride shares. I took a cab home from SFO yesterday and the cabbie couldn't have been nicer, but his car was dirty inside, smelled of old carpet and cigarettes, and cost almost twice as much as a Lyft.
Exactly, and I find Supershuttle to be quite dirty as well.

Darkbeer1

Fairly safe.

There are many issues with "Transportation Networks", as all the drivers and their vehicles are independent drivers, and their screening is a lot less than a Taxi or Shuttle driver, which have multiple standards and checks that must be done by government, You get news stories on a regular basis of issues.

I fall into preferring taxis, since the rules and regulations the government have made over decades to insure the safety of the drivers and vehicles, and having recourse if something goes wrong.

Uber and Lyft are technically a matching service, in which they take your request for a ride and match it up with folks willing to drive you for a fee. They don't provide any source of real service in regards to the actual drive.

This is why many European cities are forcing Uber and Lyft to follow all the regulations of a taxi service.

D

Deleted member 107043

How safe is Lyft. We will have our 2 kids with us.

In either case you'll be getting in a car with a stranger. I would be hesitant to put a child in any taxi or ride share car without adult supervision, but since you're accompanying your children I don't see that there's anything to worry about as far as they're concerned. One of the best features of Uber and Lyft is that drivers are required to follow the route to the destination given to them by the app, which is always on full display in the car and on your mobile device.

Ismael Flores

I use Uber and Lyft all the time, i find them to be quite reliable and have never had any issues with cleaniness or professionalism of the drivers. i don't have a child that requires baby seats but if i remember correctly there is an option for Lyft to request a car that might have a child seat.
never cared for the taxi service in the area, always found the cars to be dirty and overly expensive and sometimes costing two to three times the cost for the same distance as an uber or lyft.

Darkbeer1

Long Beach Airport requires taxi's to charge a flat fee for the Disneyland area, which is $48.

The route is SO easy, leave the airport and head east. The exit is Wardlow Road, which turns into Ball Road. Then turn off Ball for your Hotel or straight to the park, usually Harbor or Disneyland Drive.

The airport only has one exit, so no way to get lost. Just go east for about 13 miles and you will see the back side of Disneyland and Galaxy Edge's cranes on the right.

Kramerica

I always fly into LGB. I always use Uber. They've made it so that only Uber Black, their luxury service can pick you up from the airport, and that's expensive. Like 80 bucks one way.

BUT

Just walk across the street. There's a big parking lot across the street, maybe a five minute walk, which is technically off airport property. You can then get a standard Uber from there, which costs about 30 bucks one way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom