Transportation from Fort Wilderness to Magic Kingdom?

BryceM

I know that boats run from Fort Wilderness to Magic Kingdom, but I have a few questions;

1. Does the boat service stop at a certain time? I want to head to Magic Kingdom that night, and I was hoping that the boat could take me back to the resort at 11. MK closes at 11 that night, and I'd rather not be stranded there because the boat service has stopped at 9:30.

2. Do I have to take a resort bus to get the boat dock itself?

3. Does the boat drop off/pick up right at the park entrance?

BryceM

Original Poster
http://www.passporter.com/wdw/fwtransportation.htm

That should answer your questions for the most part. The boats run until an hour after park closing unless the weather is bad -- in which case there are busses that run up to 2 hours after park closing.
It depends on how far away you are from the dock as to how to get to the dock.
The boats drop you off right at the park entrance.
Thank you very much! :)

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

The boat dock at WL is just down a path to the left of the pool from the main building but should be no more than a 7 minute stroll from any room in the lodge if I had to guess.

Upvote 0

BryceM

Original Poster
The boat dock at FW is just down a path to the left of the pool from the main building but should be no more than a 7 minute stroll from any room in the lodge if I had to guess.
Lets hope. I heard FW has it's own internal bus transit system because it is just so vast.

Upvote 0

buseegal

boats will be running at 11pm unless weather stops them. if weather halts the boats, you will be able to get bus back to FW. then take internal bus to your loop. you will probably need that internal bus even if boat is running unless your loop is near boat dock. you will not be left stranded MK closing. i have taken boat from MKafter an EMH closing of 2am and waited a short time for internal bus to get to my loop.

Upvote 0

BryceM

Original Poster
boats will be running at 11pm unless weather stops them. if weather halts the boats, you will be able to get bus back to FW. then take internal bus to your loop. you will probably need that internal bus even if boat is running unless your loop is near boat dock. you will not be left stranded MK closing. i have taken boat from MKafter an EMH closing of 2am and waited a short time for internal bus to get to my loop.
Thank you!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom