Transportation at POFQ

pluto13

Original Poster
I have stayed at the POFQ many times and POR once for two nights only. I have heard that the buses stop at POFQ first and only go to the South Depot at the Riverside, so obviously this is the better option for POFQ! What are your opinions?

Lucky

When we've stayed at POFQ, POR and POFQ had separate MK buses, but shared buses to the other parks. The shared buses did go to POFQ first. I've stayed at one value resort, one deluxe, and three moderates, and POFQ is the clear winner in terms of bus transportation (wait time, travel time, civilized & comfortable queuing).

WellFedDave

When we've stayed at POFQ, POR and POFQ had separate MK buses, but shared buses to the other parks. The shared buses did go to POFQ first. I've stayed at one value resort, one deluxe, and three moderates, and POFQ is the clear winner in terms of bus transportation (wait time, travel time, civilized & comfortable queuing).
@Lucky is right. We only encountered 1 time while staying at POFQ where we actually stopped at Riverside as well. We were still picked up first at POFQ and then made the 4 stops at Riverside. I'm pretty sure it was a Wednesday morning bus heading to HS. Even after 5 pickups, the bus was still only half full. Caveat emptor, this was the end of October, mid-week.

Lucky

How uncivilized and uncomfortable is the queuing at POR?
That was a reference to Pop Century. The waits and travel time on buses is probably better at Pop than most other resorts, but making you stand out in the sun to hold a place in line wasn't so great. Maybe they've changed that since I was there.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That was a reference to Pop Century. The waits and travel time on buses is probably better at Pop than most other resorts, but making you stand out in the sun to hold a place in line wasn't so great. Maybe they've changed that since I was there.

No, they haven't. The queues are still uncovered. However, that is not the case at AoA, and many times when I stayed at Pop, we used the AoA busses to get to and from the parks.

It's just a short hike over the bridge and through Animation Hall, with lots of scenery to look at on the way!

LucyK

I have stayed at the POFQ many times and POR once for two nights only. I have heard that the buses stop at POFQ first and only go to the South Depot at the Riverside, so obviously this is the better option for POFQ! What are your opinions?

This past February we noted that when we would take the bus between 2 and 4PM they would sometimes go to POR after our stop at POFQ. This happened with EPCOT twice but always in the afternoon with morning buses heading straight to the park. MK buses went straight to the park during all times of the day. AK buses did go to POR IF they were not full, no matter what time of the day, we went to AK 3 times and two of those times we went to POR before heading to AK and the other time the bus was bursting with people so it went straight to the park. DHS we went straight to the park.

RonAnnArbor

To answer what I think was the indirect question, though -- the busses are ALWAYS better at POFQ than at POR whether or not they service just the one resort or both. I've stayed at both and you always get to/from your destination faster at POFQ with the busses than at POR. On the other hand, your wait for the boats to DTD will be longer at POFQ than at POR unless you go before 5:00

englanddg

One Little Spark...
To answer what I think was the indirect question, though -- the busses are ALWAYS better at POFQ than at POR whether or not they service just the one resort or both. I've stayed at both and you always get to/from your destination faster at POFQ with the busses than at POR. On the other hand, your wait for the boats to DTD will be longer at POFQ than at POR unless you go before 5:00

Just curious, but why would the boat ride to DTD from POFQ be longer than POR? Isn't it closer to DTD on the Sassalouga? Does the boat skip POFQ and go to POR first?

LucyK

Just curious, but why would the boat ride to DTD from POFQ be longer than POR? Isn't it closer to DTD on the Sassalouga? Does the boat skip POFQ and go to POR first?

If the boat is full (which usually happens during peak season or between 5PM and 7PM) the boat will bypass the dock at POFQ since no one can ride it standing up.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If the boat is full (which usually happens during peak season or between 5PM and 7PM) the boat will bypass the dock at POFQ since no one can ride it standing up.

Ah, that makes sense. Can I just rent a Raycer from POFQ and toodle to DTD myself, returning it there?

LucyK

I pretty sure you can't do that! What you can do is walk to POR and take the boat from there. It's a 10 minute walk from lobby to lobby and the ferry to DTD is not restricted to guests staying on a particular resort.

EDITED:

From http://www.portorleans.org/rentals.php
  • Guests who rent a Boston Whaler Montauk from the Port Orleans Riverside Marina or Old Key West Resort Marina will be restricted to the Sassagoula River area connecting these resorts (these boats are not permitted to travel past the Tree House bridge) and rentals may be limited to 30 minutes
  • Guests who rent a Boston Whaler Montauk from the Downtown Disney Marina will be restricted to Lake Buena Vista only and rentals may be limited to 30 minutes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom