Transport

bigandy

Hi there !
We are going to WDW in Aug/Sep and are staying at the Comfort Inn on International Drive appox. 7 miles from some parks. I chickened out of car hire as I don`t think I would be confident enough of driving back to front as it were. What is the Bus/Taxi service like along that route?

Maria

Have you checked if your hotel has transportation to the parks? Most of them in that area have it for their guests. Taxis in Orlando are expensive and as far as I know, there is no bus system but a small not very efficient one in downtown Orlando. :)

Upvote 0

bigandy

Original Poster
Maria, just checked my holiday papers and it says there is transport to Universal, Wet `n Wild and Seaworld. Get on your bike for the rest.:hammer:

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by bigandy
Maria, just checked my holiday papers and it says there is transport to Universal, Wet `n Wild and Seaworld. Get on your bike for the rest.:hammer:

well.... at least there is transportation for the ones that are far away! ;) Disney is very close to your hotel, so maybe the taxi won´t be that expensive. Do it one day and then think if you dare to drive for the next days.... If you are not sure about that, I would rather drive inside Disney property than the rest of Orlando. The street signs are easy to understand inside property (on the way to the parks), but not the rest of Orlando. So I would take the hotel bus to the other parks and maybe dare to drive one or two days to Disney.

Don´t dare to take public transportation to the Florida Mall!! I did it once with a friend of mine and it took us three hours!!! no kidding.... the taxi to come back charged us $20.00 but it was a loooot better and faster! it´s around 15 to 20 mins from your hotel.

Hope this helps, I´m sure the locals can tell u more!
:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom