Transferring FastPasses after transferring park admission to new person

ohioguy

Original Poster
It turns out one of our party will not be able to vacation with us come November. However, we have found someone else to take their place. I know we can transfer the theme park admission to this new person. If I do so, will the 60-day FastPasses already chosen also transfer?

Tom

Beta Return
Park admission is non transferable, unless it's part of a package and Reservations let's you change names on your booking before the trip.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
According to the Disney website, you can transfer theme park admission?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/paperless-ticket-transfer/
Correct. You can transfer the tickets as long as they have not been used. For example, you can't buy a three day ticket and let Joe go on the first day and Mary go on the second and third days.

No, the Fastpasses will not automatically transfer. The Fastpass is linked to the person, not to the ticket. Same with dining. If you make a reservation for Mom, Dad, and Suzy but then decide the trip will actually be Mom, Dad, and Jimmy, that doesn't do anything to change Suzy's Fastpass and Dining reservations.

One major caveat is that the system will kick your friend (the one who is no longer going) off of the Fastpass reservations after 24-48 hours. Each night, the system scans to make sure that everyone who has Fastpass reservations also has the tickets to use them. For example. you can't have six days of Fastpasses if you only have five days of park admission. So what you want to do is manually modify your party to replace the guy who's no longer going with the new person before this "sweep" occurs and kicks him off without the new person getting to seamlessly replace him. Disney will usually send you an e-mail along the lines of "You do not have appropriate admissions privileges for your Fastpass+ reservations" or something like that.

nickys

Premium Member
I think you usually get a warning "you have no ticket media linked" before they're deleted. So as long as you manually transfer them as soon as you reassign the ticket you should be OK. Don't know if you can do it all at once or one by one though.

correcaminos

I think you usually get a warning "you have no ticket media linked" before they're deleted. So as long as you manually transfer them as soon as you reassign the ticket you should be OK. Don't know if you can do it all at once or one by one though.
IIRC you get at least 24 hours to move them so as long as you don't wait to do it, it's not an issue.

Souvenir

If you were managing the original ticket holder under your MDE account, and he doesn't have a personal MDE account, and the same is true of the person taking his place, you can just change that person's first and last name in your Family and Friends list. That way the ticket just stays there and all of the plans stay intact. You merely switched out the person.

ohioguy

Original Poster
If you were managing the original ticket holder under your MDE account, and he doesn't have a personal MDE account, and the same is true of the person taking his place, you can just change that person's first and last name in your Family and Friends list. That way the ticket just stays there and all of the plans stay intact. You merely switched out the person.

Fantastic! I just did this; didn't realize it would be so easy... I appreciate everyone's response.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom