Tranquilo Golf at Four Seasons is now a private course

Dr.GrantSeeker

Not sure how many WDW golfers there are out there, I always make an effort to golf a few rounds while at Disney. Tranquilo formerly Osprey Ridge is now a private course. Tranquilo is great course and was a personal favorite. I called to make a tee time for next month and was told effective February 1, 2018 they are now a private course. Only guests staying at the Four Seasons will be able to play. (I'm sure Golden Oak residents will be able to play as well but he did not tell me that) Just thought I'd share this for anyone out there who golfs while at Disney!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Not sure how many WDW golfers there are out there, I always make an effort to golf a few rounds while at Disney. Tranquilo formerly Osprey Ridge is now a private course. Tranquilo is great course and was a personal favorite. I called to make a tee time for next month and was told effective February 1, 2018 they are now a private course. Only guests staying at the Four Seasons will be able to play. (I'm sure Golden Oak residents will be able to play as well but he did not tell me that) Just thought I'd share this for anyone out there who golfs while at Disney!
I am guessing this winds up reversing. I can't imagine the course will get enough use from that small number of guests to stay in the black.

Upvote 0

Simba's Mom

Thanks so much for the info. DH golfs regularly at WDW, and he was just bemoaning the fact that they've gone from 5 18 hole courses down to 3. He was considering adding Tranquillo to his "rotation" next time, but at least now we know it's not an option. Can we golf at Bonnet Creek or is that private also?

Upvote 0

Dr.GrantSeeker

Original Poster
I am guessing this winds up reversing. I can't imagine the course will get enough use from that small number of guests to stay in the black.

That is my thought exactly. Even when I would golf the course, even during peak times, it was never that busy. But what do I know?

Thanks so much for the info. DH golfs regularly at WDW, and he was just bemoaning the fact that they've gone from 5 18 hole courses down to 3. He was considering adding Tranquillo to his "rotation" next time, but at least now we know it's not an option. Can we golf at Bonnet Creek or is that private also?

Yeah the Disney courses aren't really on par for what is right near property. Orange County National is right behind MK and its awesome. So is the Grande Lakes over at the JW Marriott on John Young. I just golfed Bonnet Creek last May. As far as I know it is still open to the public!

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Most of the golf courses around here never closed. They limited it to one person per cart and adjusted the pins, but otherwise, they've been open for play. Here, being South Carolina.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom