Trails End

okcthunder

Original Poster
We're going here just curious what fellow forum users impression was of it since we have never been. We are going for Dinner BTW.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
We're going here just curious what fellow forum users impression was of it since we have never been. We are going for Dinner BTW.
If I recall correctly, @Scoutn757 particularly loves Trail's End.

I also have enjoyed my two visits there. A bit tough to get to, given it's location, from anyplace other than MK, FW, and WL, so just allow enough time.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
If I recall correctly, @Scoutn757 particularly loves Trail's End.

I also have enjoyed my two visits there. A bit tough to get to, given it's location, from anyplace other than MK, FW, and WL, so just allow enough time.

On a week long trip we will eat there at least 5 times between breakfast and dinner. I stand by it as my favorite place on property and an outstanding value. Most ribs full of flavor and the same goes for all the other meat offerings. The cowboy eggs benedict for breakfast is unrivaled anywhere else.

Unlike many other buffets around property 90% of the food is fresh never frozen.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Get there by bus?
Generally requires multiple buses, perhaps three, unless you are coming from a handful of places. You can go by boat from MK, WL, and maybe Contemporary. You can walk from WL (or do the boat). Otherwise, you need to get a bus to the FW Outpost from a park or DtD (and you may need a bus to get there in the first place), and then a bus or decent walk from Outpost to Settlement, if I recall correctly.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Get there by bus?
The easiest ways ~
Leaving MK: Take the boat directly to Ft. Wilderness. Trails End is a short walk from the boat dock.

Leaving any other park: Take the WL/Ft. Wilderness bus (usually share). Disembark at WL. You then have two options: walk to the WL boat dock and take a boat directly to Ft. Wilderness OR remain at the WL bus stop and wait for the internal Ft. Wilderness shuttle (same wait as if waiting for a park bus; sometimes shorter). The shuttle will drop you off right by Trails End, no bus transfer required.

okcthunder

Original Poster
The easiest ways ~
Leaving MK: Take the boat directly to Ft. Wilderness. Trails End is a short walk from the boat dock.

Leaving any other park: Take the WL/Ft. Wilderness bus (usually share). Disembark at WL. You then have two options: walk to the WL boat dock and take a boat directly to Ft. Wilderness OR remain at the WL bus stop and wait for the internal Ft. Wilderness shuttle (same wait as if waiting for a park bus; sometimes shorter). The shuttle will drop you off right by Trails End, no bus transfer required.
Thanks we would be coming from our resort which is Pop that being said which is the way you recommend?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
A Studios bus then transfer to WL bus would be most direct. Avoid going to DTD, with the construction that area is a mess and very time consuming.

You could also do an Epcot bus (if you just miss a Studios bus) and transfer to WL bus.

Once at WL, choose boat or shuttle. ;)

seahawk7

We will be going there for lunch this week for the first time. I heard from a respected source that it is one of the best restaurants in WDW. So we will both see...

okcthunder

Original Poster
A Studios bus then transfer to WL bus would be most direct. Avoid going to DTD, with the construction that area is a mess and very time consuming.

You could also do an Epcot bus (if you just miss a Studios bus) and transfer to WL bus.

Once at WL, choose boat or shuttle. ;)
Thanks

aladdin2007

Its one of the few left not ruined by DDP, its easy going and not rushed, the food is very good and great friendly service in an original unspoiled WDW location...Im dreading that the execs are just waiting to get their hands on it and ruin it.

okcthunder

Original Poster
Question, it says price varies does anyone know what the price difference between Boma and Trails End would be for this Saturday? Sorry just not sure how to find out other then call and I can't while at work.

jakeman

On a week long trip we will eat there at least 5 times between breakfast and dinner. I stand by it as my favorite place on property and an outstanding value. Most ribs full of flavor and the same goes for all the other meat offerings. The cowboy eggs benedict for breakfast is unrivaled anywhere else.

Unlike many other buffets around property 90% of the food is fresh never frozen.
Agree completely.

Reasonably priced even by non-Disney standards. Great staff. Great food.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Question, it says price varies does anyone know what the price difference between Boma and Trails End would be for this Saturday? Sorry just not sure how to find out other then call and I can't while at work.
"Price varies" translates to "we charge more when we are busy." Since this Saturday is part of a holiday weekend, the buffet charges will be at the higher range. That said, Trails End will ALWAYS be cheaper than any other buffet. It's high price is $25, versus $40 for Boma. At Boma you are paying a premium for location and exotic food.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No

I see Boma listed as $38.33-$42.59/tax included/gratuity excluded. Trail's End as $24.99-$26.62. I imagine the higher price to be the weekend price but you'd have to call Disney dining to confirm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom