Trail's End or Whispering Canyon for Breakfast

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We want to do a breakfast at Wilderness Lodge but not sure which one to
choose? Has anyone gone lately? Thanks :)
Trail’s End is not at the Wilderness Lodge. It is at the Fort Wilderness Campground.

That said, Whispering Canyon is very good.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I like both and prefer Trails End but it can be a pain in the butt to get to. You'll either need to take a boat from MK or the Bay Lake boat loop (if running) OR likely an internal bus at Fort Wilderness if you bus or drive there. I'm unsure if ride shares drop off at front of Fort Wilderness or if they can drop off closer to Trails End. If you're good with either, Whispering Canyon is easier to get to.

LisaAnn829

Original Poster
We are staying at Poly and I thought it would be fun to take the boat from MK to
Wilderness one day to check it out and have breakfast. I had no idea Trails End was so hard to get to. I think we will go with Whispering Canyon. Thanks for the tips!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
We are staying at Poly and I thought it would be fun to take the boat from MK to
Wilderness one day to check it out and have breakfast. I had no idea Trails End was so hard to get to. I think we will go with Whispering Canyon. Thanks for the tips!
What gave you the impression that Trail's End is hard to get to? From the Polynesian, it's no more difficult than Whispering Canyon.

It's difficult to get around Fort Wilderness from the parking lot. But you're not driving so that doesn't matter. The boat you would take from Magic Kingdom drops you right where you want to be.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I like both and prefer Trails End but it can be a pain in the butt to get to. You'll either need to take a boat from MK or the Bay Lake boat loop (if running) OR likely an internal bus at Fort Wilderness if you bus or drive there. I'm unsure if ride shares drop off at front of Fort Wilderness or if they can drop off closer to Trails End. If you're good with either, Whispering Canyon is easier to get to.
No. OP is staying at the Poly and will be using Disney transportation. Whispering Canyon is exactly the same as Trail's End. It's two boat rides (or one monorail ride and a boat ride) in either scenario.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
@CaptainAmerica is correct. Getting to both Trails End and WCC are pretty much a wash if using Disney Transportation. WCC is easier if you are driving.

Regrading the restaurants; The food is pretty similar at both. I would give WCC a slight edge on food, but not enough to make me pick it over Trails End. The difference is in the cost and the experience.

Trails End will be cheaper ($19 vs $22-$24) but it is your typical family-style buffet with no more personality than your average Golden Corral. The antics of WCC can make the experience much more enjoyable if you are into that sort of thing.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Right, Disney boats from MK makes the transportation the same and, if having the time, is the best recommendation. I love boat transportation. OP should also know that busses from MK are also an option, albeit less enjoyable, imo. At Wilderness Lodge you'd be dropped off steps from the lobby and Whispering Canyon. At Fort Wilderness you'd need to transfer to an internal to reach Trails End. All that's to say boating is equal and bussing to Trails End is the worst transportation choice for this situation.

monorail81

Whispering Canyon for breakfast used to be good...Recently had a bad experience and it’s left a bad taste In my mouth. I asked for one skillet but instead of biscuits could I have the oatmeal from the other, which they have had no problem doing on previous post-COVID trips. The server asked the chef and they said no but suggested that I order the skillet with the oatmeal and get reorders from my husband’s skillet. I said that’s silly because I won’t eat anything but the waffles on the one skillet and it will all be wasted. The manager came over and made a big deal about it, saying there were different prices on the items and one might not be comparable to another. He finally said they would do it for me, almost as a favor. Um…….worried about the price point to swap one thing out for another, but not worried at all about the cost of an entire wasted skillet when I build a new one of my husband’s reorders? I am sure if I had said I had an allergy, it would have been no problem…..

carriebeth

We did both recently. Whispering canyon was a better experience. Food was slightly better. The service was much much better. The general staff friendliness was far better. Transportation feels easier/quicker unless you are going to magic kingdom then I feel they would be equal. I love wilderness lodge and like being there. For me fort wilderness doesn’t have a place in my heart at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom