Trail's End Buffet Breakfast at FW

Mystic

Original Poster
I'm planning a trip do WDW next fall and was wondering about the Trail's End Breakfast Buffet at Fort Wilderness. I'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge and we're looking for a nice quiet start to a morning midway through our trip. We've been to the Hoop Dee Doo but never the Trail's End. Anyone know what it's like?

col

ive decided to go to wilderness lodge for my breakfast on a couple of occasions -i got a menu from allears.com.- what im going to do is go there for my breakfast then go onto a park they have fruit,eggs,french toast. plus when ever ive gone past wilderness lodge on the bus going to magic kingdom seeing the green roof ive always imagined what its like in there.

Mystic

Original Poster
I'm staying at the Lodge and we've done breakfast at Whispering Canyon but we're looking at our options and Trail's End is one that we've considered in the past. We want a quiet breakfast one morning that isn't rushed.

jakeman

Trail's End is a freakin' bargain. I would definitely recommend it. It gets a little cramped by the buffet but otherwise I don't have one other complaint! The food is terrific and at $10.99 (drinks included) one of, if not the, cheapest buffets on property.

The buffet itself is no more rushed than any other buffet on property. The area around Trail's End never gets too busy (at least when I've been there)The Tri-Circle D Ranch is right there and is a great place to walk around and look at horses and other farm animals either before or after the meal. There is also the small Bay Lake beach and a small store (can't remember the name).

When my wife and I lived in Orlando we would eat there about once a month for breakfast.

I recommend the Breakfast Pizza.

Lauriebar

We are planning on going to Trail's End for dinner this trip. It will be the first time in many years we have not gone to Hoop-de-doo but we thought we'd try TE for a change. I know that FW is always a very relaxing atmosphere for us so, I would think the breakfast would be fun.

Mystic

Original Poster
We love the HDD. We didn't do it last trip and are planning on doing it on the next one because we'll be down just after US Thanksgiving and we want to see Pioneer Hall all decked out for the holiday season.

We're looking at doing Trail's End for breakfast because we found on our last trip we needed a more quiet start to the day on the mid point of our trip and had breakfast at Whispering Canyon before heading to EPCOT. We've decided to do the same thing this coming trip but were looking at other options beside Whispering Canyon (even though we love it there) so we thought of Trail's End.

I forgot to ask if Trail's End is Priority Seating.

Carolwood

One of the best Buffets in the World (Disney that is...)I ate breakfast there every day while staying at Ft. Wilderness Two years agao. The Food was always fresh & tasty and some of the best cast members around. As for quiet I can't really remember, as for crowded I don't ever remembering having to wait long for a table. I believe a lot of people staying at Ft. Wilderness prepare there own food as they are camping so it tends to keep the crowds down. It may be off the beaten path a bit for you as you will have to take a boat from Wilderness Lodge to get there or drive if you have a car.

Mystic

Original Poster
Taking the boat to FW isn't an issue for us. We take it when we go to HDD or when we're heading to MK. The resort launches are our favourite mode of transport.

Lauriebar

Mystic said:
I forgot to ask if Trail's End is Priority Seating.

I don't know about the breakfast but, when I made my Advanced Reservations yesterday and the cast member said that AR's were suggested for dinner.

nemobruce

The trails end breakfast in my honest opinion is the best breakfast at Disney. You get a lot of food for the money and most of the staff has been there for a long time so you get the best service. I go every time i am there weather i stay at the campground or not.

Laura

Premium Member
Trail's End does take reservations for breakfast. I have one for next week! I have never been before and I'm looking forward to it!

ugotzme

trails end is awsome and best deal on property. instead of tacking the boat thier take the walking trail fron lodge to camp ground a one mile walk that takes you around the lake and gives you great photo ops of lodge and other resorts. trail head starts at pool/picnic areas at lodge.

GHOST1000

:slurp: Been there many times...very good deal...fill your stomache and relax on the rockers outside for a minute or two.....ask for one of kens tables ( he's been there forever..great cast member)

Scooter

If you want to take a little break from The Magic Kingdom, take the boat over to Fort Wilderness and have lunch at Trails End.

It's never crowded and it's very affordable.
We do it once every trip now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom