Traffic delays on I-75 in Tennessee

bigorangeandy

If you are driving down I-75 and will pass through Tennessee between Knoxville and the Kentucky state line, be advised that the Interstate is down to one lane in two different places. This is due to emergency road repairs, and delays could be up to two-three hours during peak times. Be sure that you have enough gas and everyone has had a bathroom break, if you get delayed. I am going to try and post a link to the Tennessee DOT site below (copy and paste in browser if needed). It took me two hours plus yesterday just to go 15 miles (and I knew the local shortcuts)! If you come through in the middle of the night it should not be much of a delay. I searched for thread on this already, so if I missed it I am sorry. Go luck, and have a safe trip!
http://www.cctv.tdot.state.tn.us/trafficinfo/advisory.asp

Robfasto

Brian Skinner said:
And this has something to with disney.........how?

I guess if you are going to be traveling along I-75 going to or from Disney World which is something many people do it would be important to know about an extra couple hours you might have to spend on your trip. This gives people a chance to plan their trips better or even find an alternate route.

Upvote 0

Shaman

bigorangeandy said:
If you are driving down I-75 and will pass through Tennessee between Knoxville and the Kentucky state line, be advised that the Interstate is down to one lane in two different places. This is due to emergency road repairs, and delays could be up to two-three hours during peak times. Be sure that you have enough gas and everyone has had a bathroom break, if you get delayed. I am going to try and post a link to the Tennessee DOT site below (copy and paste in browser if needed). It took me two hours plus yesterday just to go 15 miles (and I knew the local shortcuts)! If you come through in the middle of the night it should not be much of a delay. I searched for thread on this already, so if I missed it I am sorry. Go luck, and have a safe trip!
http://www.cctv.tdot.state.tn.us/trafficinfo/advisory.asp

Thanks for the heads up...I'm sure this info will come in handy for those who come down by there...(the last thing anyone wants to is to be stuck without gas and with cranky passengers in traffic)

Thanks again...:wave:

Upvote 0

se8472

Yes I-75 and I-95 are major links to FL from the north.

But if anyone wants a heads up, in Georgia there is a good 60 total miles of construction going on between Valdosta and Macon. Also, while we are at it, ever speed in Valdosta. There has never been a time when I have drven past that city and did not see a cop ready to pull someone over.

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

Original Poster
shello1113 said:
Do you know how long to expect the construction to be going on? I am coming to Disney, but not until toward the end of April.
I don't know how long the construction will be going on, it seems like all of Michigan was going north yesterday, along with most of Ohio! If you are coming to Disney from New Albany, I would take I-65 to Nashville, then I-24 to Chattanooga, then get on I-75. Have a great time in April, we will have to wait until the end of June for our trip. Only 76 days and about 3 hours till we get to Disney (baring traffic problems)!

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

We were in Knoxville this weekend for the University of Tennessee Coaches Clinic and we didn't have any trouble, but we did hear from other coaches about seeing the construction. I hope everyone can get through here with minimal delays.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom