1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Traditions???????

Discussion in 'Employment/College Program/International' started by Moe526, May 8, 2017.

1. Moe526

Moe526 New Member

Hey everyone, I am new here but as I embark on my newly confirmed Disney job and search the internet for answeres wdwmagic just keeps showing up, so I joined lol

My question is about Traditions. I know everyone has to do it but, will they do a few people going into the same role on the same day? Is there anything that you would even need to be grouped with your coworkers for?

Also, is this considered training or is that something that happens after traditions?

Thanks everyone my traditions class is this Saturday

2. WDWBigEd

WDWBigEd Member

Traditions is a training to teach you the Disney way of doing things and give you a history of Disney. It's a big this is who we are what we do this is now how point and talk from now on.

Moe526 likes this.
  3. Moe526

Moe526 New Member Original Poster

Would you happen to know if they group certain job types together? It would be great to be with a few other people from my future position. Along those same lines, does everyone get the same tour? I know they said I'd be working DAK so would I still get to check out the utilidoors?

4. WDWBigEd

WDWBigEd Member

Sometimes yes and no it's hard to say based on how many where hired for your area. Back when we did Traditions everyone did take a tour of MK and the utilidoors, but things may have changed by now. Worst case after a few months pick up some extra shifts during the holiday parties and you can go explore around to your shift.

Moe526 likes this.
  5. Moe526

Can I do that as a 3rd shifter?

6. Moe526

I guess that doesn't make much of a difference though.....maybe lol

7. WDWBigEd

WDWBigEd Member

Yes just have to follow guidelines for OT. Just ask around once you are around for a few months on how to look up extra shifts on the HUB

Moe526 likes this.
  8. Moe526

Awesome thanks