Trader Sam’s Late Night?

Soutercm18

Original Poster
Hi all! Longtime lurker, first time poster. DH and I have a trip planned 5/5-5/9 and are hoping to try Trader Sam’s for the first time. We are hoping to go after park close on our MK day 5/6. Most advice says to go right when the bar opens, but what about later at night? Are the waits still crazy at 9,10 pm? We hate to miss any park time and think this could be a fun nightcap. Thanks in advance for any advice!

IrishSailor

Hi! While yes, typically arriving early (before the bar opens) is your best bet--- the crowd absolutely does die down as you get closer to 10pm. We were just there a few weeks ago, arrived at 9:30 and were seated at the bar by 9:45! The bar is open until 1:30 am I believe, so if you go a little later, I'm sure you'll be able to get in.

Also, if there is a bit of a wait, you can order Trader Sam's drinks from their Tiki Terrace outside while waiting for a table inside!

Good luck and Cheers!

Zé_Carioca

While there is no way to know for sure, since you are going on a Monday, you should be fine. I do find that, especially during the weekends, it can still be busy and hard to get into Trader Sam's up until midnight ish since most people do go for nightcaps. However, the good news is that there is always the outside area which offers the same menu. Yeah, it will not have the "effects" but it has a very charming ambiance from which you can even watch the fireworks and on most days (?) they have live ukulele performances. If having the full Trader Sams experience is a must you can always do both, I recommend you still plan on going and if there is a wait, you can put your name on the waiting list and wait at the bar outside!

macefamily

We visited Trader Sams for the first time ever this past week. We had dinner at Kona, and my daughter's ex-roommates from the College Program joined us. They insisted we go to Trader's for an after dinner drink. It was at capacity so we went out to the Tiki Terrace for a round. I really enjoyed it. It will be a normal stop for us in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom