TR 5/22/04 DAK/Epcot

Well, I almost stayed home today, as the weather was hot and humid...go figure, but I went anyway.

I left for DAK about 1:15, and got into the park by 1:45. The park was not as busy as a few weeks ago, but that was expected, being the weekend prior to a holiday weekend.

I took some pics, you can view some of them here.

Anyway, DAK was not too busy, I went first to KS to pick-up a FP, stopping and seeing some animals along the way. I got a FP for the 2:45-3:45 window, so I had about 45 minutes to kill. I walked the Pangini Forest trail, which is very nice. A male gorilla was relaxing right in front of a viewing window, so I took some pics. the rest of the gorillas were viewable, but were either partly behind bushes or in the way back of the enclosure.

After that trail, I went over to Asia and walked the Maharaja Jungle Trek. The bats were pretty cool, some were very close to the viewing area. The two tigers were viewable, but not active. The Komodo Dragon was hiding behind a bush.

Out in Asia, the gibbons were playing around on the ropes. The female (blond in color) was seated on the side of the ruin, while the male (black) and the young gibbon (also black) were playing on the ropes. The you gibbon was born at DAK, according to the CM.

--I love the detail of Asia, but I really dislike the flow of ppl in that area of the park. All of the kids rinning to and from Kali...it is just kind of annoying.

After that, I headed back to KS (about 3:10) and rode. The animals were pretty active, esp for that time of day. 1 Bongo was about 10 feet from the bus, as was an Ostrich. The busses seemed to be moving slower than usual. The baby elephant was not on display:(

Nest, I took a walk by EE to check out the progress. I stuck around and grabbed a Coke as Tarzan was letting out, and I did not want to get trapped in the crowd of ppl.

After the ppl cleared, I walked through Dinoland and back to the TOL, and caught ITtbaB. I made it just in time to miss that show, so I had to wait....no biggie, the showtunes redubbed in incect sounds always makes me laugh, and, I was in A/C.

When the movie let out, the parade was going on, and we could not move anywhere. The parade was 5 minutes from ending, but I did not think this was a very good thing....not only could we not leave, but we also could not see the parade.

I left DAK about 4:30, as the park shut at 5, and I wanted to beat the crowds out.:rolleyes:

I got to Epcot a few minutes later (drove) and the lines were backed-up past the ticket windows.

--Epcot really needs to change the bag screening areas to be like the rest of the parks...or, they need a "gsts without bags" line.

I was pretty hot from standing in the sun for 20 minutes trying to enter the park, so I hopped on SSE (no wait) to cool off. It sounded like the FINALLY turned up the volume on the narration...it is about time!

Afterwards, I went over to "The Land" to ride LwtL, but it had a 50 minute wait, so I saw CoL instead, which was not as good as I remembered it to be. The movie has a clip of the Dodge Fountain in Detroit, which is cool...it is a neat fountain.

Next, I rode JII...and I have no idea why. The ride had no wait, actually, the held the car a minute just to fill it.

I hit WS after this, took some pics, watched IDF, and saw the acrobats in China, which is always a good show.

I had dinner at the Cantina (Plato Combonacio, a Churro, and a Coke) and then went back to FW to ride TT, as I was down last week.

Well, go figure, it was down again.

I then went over to Mouse Gear to buy my little cousin (she is 4) something as she drew me a really cool picture. I got her a stuffed MM for $20, which is cool, as she only has Minnie.

I watch ROE from between Canada and UK, which was fine except the wind was blowing that direction (firework smoke doesn't smell too bad...nothing bothered me except all of the GP complaining about the smoke) The fireworks and spotlights all seemed about a half second behind the music...oh well.

Have a good night folks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom