TP Room Request Feature timing

pdude81

Original Poster
I am quite late entering room requests in TouringPlans for our vacation that starts on Saturday. IIRC the requests start sending the day after you enter them, but I'm not sure if they just go out at a particular time of day and there is a chance they go over this afternoon. Does anybody know what time those normally happen?

I've had good luck doing this with 5-7 days of lead time, but never with just 2. So I'm wondering if I should try to add requests through online check in instead of waiting for this to process. Any information or advice is appreciated.

dreday3

I am quite late entering room requests in TouringPlans for our vacation that starts on Saturday. IIRC the requests start sending the day after you enter them, but I'm not sure if they just go out at a particular time of day and there is a chance they go over this afternoon. Does anybody know what time those normally happen?

I've had good luck doing this with 5-7 days of lead time, but never with just 2. So I'm wondering if I should try to add requests through online check in instead of waiting for this to process. Any information or advice is appreciated.

What I've done in the past is use the wording from my TP room request and also called and gave the exact same request, word for word. Do NOT do online if you do TP and call.

Worked for me, got exactly view we wanted. It was Fiji Marina view at Polynesian when those were still considered standard views! Best view we've ever had. :)

pdude81

Original Poster
What I've done in the past is use the wording from my TP room request and also called and gave the exact same request, word for word. Do NOT do online if you do TP and call.

Worked for me, got exactly view we wanted. It was Fiji Marina view at Polynesian when those were still considered standard views! Best view we've ever had. :)
Were you able to call the resort directly, or did you have to leave a request with reservations? The first part of our trip is a DVC stay so I'm assuming I'd have to go through Member Services with any requests.

dreday3

Were you able to call the resort directly, or did you have to leave a request with reservations? The first part of our trip is a DVC stay so I'm assuming I'd have to go through Member Services with any requests.

I don't know about DVC, but I just called the normal reservation number.

It may not work, but can't hurt to try!

nickys

Premium Member

TP send the emails 30 days before check-in. This started once scheduling became centralised.

If you create a new one after that it will be sent, but the chances are your room has already been assigned by 4-5 days before. You can always put one in and then ask at the front desk when you arrive.

Club Cooloholic

We had a split stay DVC trip last time. Made my requests over the phone with DVC. Upon arrival checked in at the front desk, as I wanted to see what room we were assigned before heading to it, none of our requests were honored, but the check in desk was happy to move us to rooms that were close to what we had requested.

MickeyLuv'r

I've had mixed results with pre-arrival room requests, but you can still go by the front desk upon arrival and ask about a different room if all else fails. Though that doesn't always work, either. It can also be slightly inconvenient now with online check-in. I think it helps if you arrive around the middle of the day.

pdude81

Original Poster
Let me know how this went, please.
I didn't bother calling anybody. I figured that I was so late with my request I would just talk to them at the desk. More or less they just moved me from the second floor to the third floor but at least the room was ready at 4:00. I'm more hopeful about my art of animation requests because I at least got that in 5 days ahead.

dreday3

Let me know how this went, please.

I can tell you in 2017 when I used TP and called with same request, they had my request because she told us the request we wanted would require waiting a bit (which we happily did).

Also in 2021 I just used TP (didn't call) and again, she repeated our request to us, so it does work. We didn't get the request that time, but only because we got bumped to a suite! :D

We used TP again for our upcoming April trip, we'll see if we get 3 for 3!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom