Toyota Highlander vs Honda Pilot

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Toyota Highlander vs Honda Pilot. Which one has more room if you put down the 3rd row? Share anything at all about either or both. Thanks!

Ricky Spanish

Had a 2009 and a 2013 Honda Pilot. Loved both. So much room.
Then Honda ”redesigned” the Pilot.
To me, it looks like a big CRV.
Although I have not been in a newer Pilot, they look like they have much less room than the ones that we owned.
Sorry can’t tell you about the Toyota.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I did a test drive of the Honda Pilot......middle level trim.
Did that and talked to the dealer between 7pm and 7:50pm.
During my test drive it rained cats and dogs...then added hail for good measure :rolleyes:
The new thing for me was the way you select "reverse" or "park" or "drive" was buttons that are flush with the surface they are set into.
It's not fair to judge the 0 to 60 because I didn't have a dry and normal surface tonight.
I'm probably not gonna get anything.
It'll be around $40,000
I'm driving a 2016 Mazda CX-5 that been paid off for 21 months. (I bought that car in the summer of 2015 but they called it a 2016)
The money they would give me is not yet determined. The dealership was not willing to road test my car on such a cruddy weather night.

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Huh!?
They are both 3 row SUVs
How could Toyota have 84.3 and Mazda have 38.2?
So what I care about is the cubic feet behind the 2nd row...my fault for not making it clearer...I would always have the 3rd row down.....so the Mazda CX-9 has 50.5 cubic feet behind the 2 rows that I would have up.
Source....

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
So what I care about....my fault for not making it clearer...I would always have the 3rd row down.....so the Mazda CX-9 has 50.5 cubic feet behind the 2 rows that I would have up.
Source....
Toyota Highlander has 48.4 cubic feet behind the 2nd row.
Mazda CX-9 (as I showed above) has 50.5 cubic feet. So the Mazda CX-9 is the winner!
Source re. the Toyota Highlander....

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Toyota Highlander has 48.4 cubic feet behind the 2nd row.
Mazda CX-9 (as I showed above) has 50.5 cubic feet. So the Mazda CX-9 is the winner!
Source re. the Toyota Highlander....
Came back to thread because I looked up the Cargo Space behind the Honda Pilot with the 2nd row up and the 3rd row down.
The Honda Pilot's has 46 cubic feet.
So to review.....when these vehicles' 3rd row is down the cubic feet of storage is as follows:
Honda Pilot 46 cubic feet
Toyota Highlander 48.4 cubic feet
Mazda CX-9 50.5 cubic feet

Last edited:

WWWD

I drove a 2008 Toyota Highlander that my son now drives and we now have a 2017 Honda Pilot. Both are sound vehicles and both will give you some problems - less than other brands. Between these two, I would say go with the style or options you prefer. We went with a Pilot instead of a Highlander in 2017 because at that time the Highlander was smaller.
I will add that I am glad we bought an extended warranty for the Pilot. It’s an Elite trim and all those fancy electronics and adaptive cruise control have had some issues. I know that Toyota and Honda make great mechanical parts but the jury is still out on these costly electronics. My 2015 Ford F-150 has had hardly any electronic problems compared to the Pilot - both similarly equipped.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I want this....don't know if I'm willing to pay for it / financing of course....but I'm just saying, I'd really like to get this....

My local Mazda dealership's website displays a 2021 CX -9 ....the middle level trim: "Touring"...black exterior....for $38,700 :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom