Toyota Highlander vs Honda Pilot

Lilofan

You'd be surprised. Sometimes things like batteries get outsourced to the cheapest bidder.

I got 6 months from the brand new battery in my WRX. At least the warranty replacement battery was a genuinely high end one.
Not for an Accord. What the battery was replaced under warranty was the same OEM battery model from the factory at my local Honda dealer.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Not for an Accord. What the battery was replaced under warranty was the same OEM battery model from the factory at my local Honda dealer.
Accords in the US are generally US made, so it makes sense you'd get the same battery as a replacement in the US.

All WRX's are still made in Japan, so when the battery is warrantied, it's warrantied with what's available in the local market. It had a weird Panasonic battery which was replaced with a high end "official Subaru" battery". Out of curiosity, I peeled off the label and saw it was made by East Penn - a company that few people know of, but that makes some of the best batteries on the market.

Lilofan

Accords in the US are generally US made, so it makes sense you'd get the same battery as a replacement in the US.

All WRX's are still made in Japan, so when the battery is warrantied, it's warrantied with what's available in the local market. It had a weird Panasonic battery which was replaced with a high end "official Subaru" battery". Out of curiosity, I peeled off the label and saw it was made by East Penn - a company that few people know of, but that makes some of the best batteries on the market.
One item I saw is that my Accord bought brand new had the highest quality tire - Michelin Primacy. There are many other tire brands out there not of the same quality . I replaced them with General after the stock tires ran its course which I am happy with. Michelins were $229 per tire, General were $150 per tire.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
One item I saw is that my Accord bought brand new had the highest quality tire - Michelin Primacy. There are many other tire brands out there not of the same quality . I replaced them with General after the stock tires ran its course which I am happy with. Michelins were $229 per tire, General were $150 per tire.
Generals are a fine tire, nothing wrong with them.

Our Mazda CX-5 had horrible lease return tires. Argus Advantas which were $70/corner. The factory tires were ok at best, so instead of going with the factory tires, I spent a bit more and replaced them before our first long road trip with Continental Crosscontact LX25, which were the highest rated all season in this size (yet not the most expensive), with a good wear rating, and higher snow/winter ratings than some winter specific tires.

So far we love them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom