Toy Story Parking Lot Updates/ New Security

mm121

Original Poster
Just saw a YouTube video about the changes being made to enable guests parking in toy story parking to be screened prior to boarding the busses.

Are there any drawings of what's being done? Couldn't really visualize the changes from the video

BrianLo

Interesting. This seems like either a necessary step to allow development of the Eastern Gateway, or merely another half-step because what they really need to do won't occur for years.

George Lucas on a Bench

Even though I don't take the buses because I don't drive to reduce my carbon footprint and please James Cameron, I've noticed that the Toy Story bus people now enter on the opposite side as before at the esplanade. Seems rather backwards and stupid, especially since cast members enter and exit DCA right there.

mm121

Original Poster
Interesting. This seems like either a necessary step to allow development of the Eastern Gateway, or merely another half-step because what they really need to do won't occur for years.
Changes like this would probably still be done even if the eastern gateway someday gets built.

They are really trying to make sure there aren't big crowds lined up waiting to go through security

Darkbeer1

There was a 45 minute wait this morning to go through the Transportation Hub Security Check.

This does two things. Move Security father away from the Main Entrances, a Main Goal. Plus allows them to add capacity by splitting the current Harbor Blvd Check Stations to two areas and thereby adding more stations.

This was announced long ago, but Disney had a timeline of projects to get done regarding the transformation of the Katella CM Lot to the Bullseye Guess Parking area, including changes to the Toy Story Shuttle route and stops.

mm121

Original Poster

This parking area is so random. With no clear defined roadways and all the different corners of the lot not connecting to each other.

Not quite sure how this new area is going to work with the way the security entrance is just on one side but there's parking all around it.

BubbaQuest

This parking area is so random. With no clear defined roadways and all the different corners of the lot not connecting to each other.

Not quite sure how this new area is going to work with the way the security entrance is just on one side but there's parking all around it.

And to think this could have been another theme park :(

I've had to park in the area east (north in the picture) of the new security area. Disney use to add another bus stop there so you wouldn't have to walk in front of the busses to get to the main loading.

The guy in the video mentioned the old employee parking area will become new customer parking, so maybe that old area will only be used by employees. I thought there was a berm between employee and customer parking areas so not sure how you're supposed to get to the new secure area from the old employee lot.

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

And to think this could have been another theme park :(

I've had to park in the area east (north in the picture) of the new security area. Disney use to add another bus stop there so you wouldn't have to walk in front of the busses to get to the main loading.

The guy in the video mentioned the old employee parking area will become new customer parking, so maybe that old area will only be used by employees. I thought there was a berm between employee and customer parking areas so not sure how you're supposed to get to the new secure area from the old employee lot.

The entire Toy Story Lot, including the new Bullseye Lot (former Katella CM lot) is designed for guest parking.

The new Manchester CM lot, plus shifting other CM vehicles to places like the second level of the Parking structures is the replacement.

No way will CM's park at the Toy Story Lot, at least until the Eastern Gateway project completed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom