Toy Story Mania Construction (Photos)

dxwwf3

I didn't mean to come off as having a problem with it in the park. I don't The Studios needs any help that it can get at this point. I just couldn't see a connection between a Midway attraction and Mickey Avenue.

Oh ok, that's different. However I still think they will do something to make it fit in the area, at least from the outside. In other words, I don't think it will stick out like a sore thumb.

Piebald

Mickey's M&G is not affected by this so whoever asked, no need to worry. Even if it was, it's not like they wouldn't set up another location anyways (I remember back in the day he used to meet somewhere on Sunset Boulevard I think where Sweet Spells is now).

I haven't noticed whether or not the skywalk thingy is gone because the huge crane is in front but if I had to guess I'm pretty sure it's gone. They dug up the entire area under that skywalk for some rewiring work initially a few months ago.

fizzle75

I'm drawing a blank,when is the projected opening of Midway Mania again?:veryconfu

Never mind,I just found a new thread about that very thing.

AndyP

Looks to me like they are building out the front into a large entrance, like a soundstage, providing the arch is completely on the otherside. Reminds me of the shape of the 'soundstages' at the Disney Studios in Paris, maybe someone has a pic? Since it's a major attraction they probably want a large entrance, not a small dingy building in the backstreets ala millionaire (or atleast in appearance, i know the building isn't small inside :) )

jmuboy

Plans may have changed, but I was under the impression the facade of the building would be modeled after Pixar's real studios in CA.

RSoxNo1

I had heard that too....but so far I don't see it.

If true, that would lend some credibility to the attraction being placed in MGM. I'm excited about the attraction, but this doesn't seem like it would be immersing us in the Toy Story movie - unless of course some of the games were similar to those found at Pizza Planet

CelticRose

As always Merf, great update and great photos.......:dazzle:

I have to live vicarously thru your updates until I am there in 80 days:sohappy:

ROEFan88

IMHO, there are WAAAY too many movie-based attractions at WDW nowadays - wouldn't you say basing a ride on Toy Story, that's over 10 years old, is a sign that Imagineers are running out of new ideas? As for fitting into the overall 'Studios', at least having Millionaire made perfect sense.

chucknstuff

IMHO, there are WAAAY too many movie-based attractions at WDW nowadays - wouldn't you say basing a ride on Toy Story, that's over 10 years old, is a sign that Imagineers are running out of new ideas? As for fitting into the overall 'Studios', at least having Millionaire made perfect sense.

I thought that almost all the rides (85%) are based on movies...

Pixar just announced Toy Story 3 by the way.

Plus the ride is being made so it can be easily changed...so it never gets old.

The midway ride dosent look to bad. Never went in millionaire though so i dont know what i missed. I agree there are to many movie based attractions, but you have to rember disney is a film company.

EpcotServo

Like I've said before I think this ride just looks like a blast. I'm sure it's going to be one of those turn right around and do it again rides during soft openings, like Soarin' and Expedition Everest.

Disneyfanman

I think it looks like a great time as well! Does it fit thematically? Maybe not perfectly, but honestly who really cares? Disney/MGM isn't really a studios anymore, but instead a studio themed park. It really needs the help and a new ride will keep me around longer and more frequently. Many of my favorites have been closed or shortened. I only stay half a day there anymore, and my family would rather go play at the AK these days. Hopefully it will live up to my expectations!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom