Toy Story Land vs Pixar Pier shootout

Which Pixar land is better?

• DHS Pixar Land

Votes: 33 55.9%
  • DCA Pixar Pier

Votes: 26 44.1%

• Total voters

George Lucas on a Bench

People seriously voted for Pixar Pier? They didn’t even finish it on time.

To be fair, Disneyland originally wasn't finished on time. Actually, most of the Disney theme parks were slapped together in time for opening day, weren't they?

Actually, that isn't fair. It's nothing on the level of slapping together a pre-existing slapped-together section of a slapped-together park and passing it off as something new and worthwhile, and not slapped together.

TwilightZone

People seriously voted for Pixar Pier? They didn’t even finish it on time.
I think because it is really a pixar land, toy story land is just toy story.
Plus they at least kept screamin', I'm sure a lot of people are still angry that they replaced the tour with toy story.
Personally I like toy story land more, you can tell they spent more effort on that land by just comparing the incredicoaster's daytime video to slinky dog dash's video.

vancee

I think because it is really a pixar land, toy story land is just toy story.
Plus they at least kept screamin', I'm sure a lot of people are still angry that they replaced the tour with toy story.
Personally I like toy story land more, you can tell they spent more effort on that land by just comparing the incredicoaster's daytime video to slinky dog dash's video.
Toy Story Land in WDW was a waste. There’s no thrilling rides. Slinky’s dog dash doesn’t even look fun or thrilling.

mickEblu

This is a a hard question to answer not only because they both suck but it’s hard to compare. Incredicoaster is still obviously better than anything at TSL. However comparing project to project and what they ACTUALLY did ( not could have been) for their respective parks, I think TSL wins.

fctiger

For me, TSL by a huge mile! And I don't hate PP either, but its clearly just an overly vs TSL being something built from the ground up and with a lot of imagination. I think it looks great but I don't really know what people were expecting? This is exactly what I expected, nothing amazing but fun and a place you want to hang out in. All the new rides look appealing although I wouldn't wait more than 30 mins for them. TSM up to 45.

And honestly I can only compare DHS version to previous TSL that has opened since I been to a few of those. I finally saw HKDL version last month and there was NOTHING about it that made me want to hang out there. Until DHS version these lands has always felt pretty cheap and small. Something to take a few pics in but nothing more than that. This is the fourth TSL that has opened. I think if people created a poll comparing that to those it wouldn't even be close.

Its nice to see Disney has FINALLY expanded the imagination a bit with this land because Hong Kong, Paris and Shanghai's version there is less to write home about.

I'll be seeing Pixar Pier for myself in a week's time.

Last edited:

ThemeParkTraveller

Its nice to see Disney has FINALLY expanded the imagination a bit with this land because Hong Kong, Paris and Shanghai's version there is less to write home about.

I haven't been to Shanghai's yet, but somebody mentioned it was the largest and most immersive of the TSLs (and it seems this way from walkthrough videos). The only thing it's noticeably weaker in when compared to DHS is the attraction roster.

fctiger

I haven't been to Shanghai's yet, but somebody mentioned it was the largest and most immersive of the TSLs (and it seems this way from walkthrough videos). The only thing it's noticeably weaker in when compared to DHS is the attraction roster.

Yeah its bigger for sure, but its the exact same stuff you find in HK and Paris save for a few additions here and there. And its actually surprising that Shanghai got the cheaper version just because every other land in that park is so stunning. You would think they would've gotten DHIS version but I guess the park is still pretty new and they just wanted to add something quickly to add to capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom