Toy Story Land opening day reports (June 30 2018)

PizzaPlanet

All I can say is anyone that will join a line with a 5 hour wait is in serious need of medication. It's less then a two minute ride on a tame coaster which will still be there tomorrow. It hurts to know that after 70 years on this planet I am just now starting to realize just how little I know about people and their limited connection with common sense.
Some people find satisfaction in being the first to do something.

Goofyernmost

I agree. Not sure I would stand in line for five hours. But im not going to pass judgement that others that would lack common sense. If it add value to their lives to be able to say they experiencedbthe attraction on opening day then good for them.
I'm fine with them doing that... I wouldn't and I can't help but wonder what would make anyone else do it either. However, it's not five hours out of my life... so carry on!

JohnD

I'm fine with them doing that... I wouldn't and I can't help but wonder what would make anyone else do it either. However, it's not five hours out of my life... so carry on!

Passholders probably less so. But if you went to the trouble to schedule a trip and had been planning it for more than year and may not be back for another year or so, I can see standing in line to experience these attractions.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For those who are there:

1. Could you please time how many Slinkies pass you for an Operation Hourly Rate Capacity? E.g., pick a point on the track, and as a train passes by, start a 10 minute countdown and count how many Slinkies pass you.

2. The Slinky video for loading is insistent that every seat be filled. Without a single rider line, how's that going?

Disney4family

I've often wondered how anyone could wait in line for hours on end without a pee break. And after that morning cup or 10 of joe you know the call is there.
Which is why I get up so early during the school year for my half a pot of coffee in the morning.
And yet, this is still me -
dea175ffb6b109ea42a7fef119fb0ea3.jpg

Bear10176

For those who are there:

1. Could you please time how many Slinkies pass you for an Operation Hourly Rate Capacity? E.g., pick a point on the track, and as a train passes by, start a 10 minute countdown and count how many Slinkies pass you.

2. The Slinky video for loading is insistent that every seat be filled. Without a single rider line, how's that going?
I’m here now. Will count and let you know.

Bear10176

For those who are there:

I counted 11 trains in 10 minutes.

Edit: this was right after coming back from being down for rain. Not sure if that effects things at all.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So barring any issues about 66 trains or so an hour. What’s the train capacity?

Four cars of 4 and 2 in the in tail section = 18

So, 1,188 pph (if full).

Which is pretty much what was expected with the time-length of the track and having 2 cars simultaneously in play (the third car doesn't increase capacity only in as much as it keeps one car ready to go when once comes back so that reloading takes up zero amount of time in the calculations).

YankeeMouse

Have a Slinky FP for 6 p.m. Monday July 9. Will we be able to get into the park? Into TS land? Resort and AP holders, any checking of those like at Christmas at MK?

Bear10176

Four cars of 4 and 2 in the in tail section = 18

So, 1,188 pph (if full).

Which is pretty much what was expected with the time-length of the track and having 2 cars simultaneously in play (the third car doesn't increase capacity only in as much as it keeps one car ready to go when once comes back so that reloading takes up zero amount of time in the calculations).
Just did a second count and barely got 12. I’d say that 11 is the target.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom